The Independent Commission For Equity In Cricket

I've not got a problem, it's only match fees anyway. Hopefully mens ticket prices will be the same as they are for the women though. Scandalous you pay £100 to watch the blokes and £20 for the women.

Think it's about £15k a test and £5k an ODI. The lasses only play about 1 test a year at the most (against Aus and India).

Not a kick in the arse off mind,

Ha’way man :lol:. The men played 5 Tests against Australia that were pretty much complete sell outs for every single day of cricket. According to Sky, the women’s Test sold 11,000 tickets throughout the entirety of the game. The numbers are poles apart.
You realise its just match fees and not central contract value yeah? the men rarely get paid all of theirs anyway, the way your going on you'd think it was coming out of your pocket

Yes, I do realise that, the point isn’t altered one iota by that fact. Tickets for the men’s games in the summer that were more or less entirely sold out were regularly touching (if not more than £100 for a days play). The women’s T20 game next week? £10. A mere 10% of the cost. Even if you consider some venues were offering Day 5 Ashes tickets for £25 (and selling out) - that’s still 150% of the cost of a woman’s international ticket.

Again, professional sport is a business, not a charity. All this decision is doing is creating a problem for other areas of the game that are going to have to ‘stump up’ the money for the women. My concern is that men’s county cricket will be the first category to suffer. After that, it’ll be the grassroots game. That’s before you consider how much money (£60 million) the ECB have already robbed from the counties to ‘grow the women’s game’ with that complete abomination that is the 16.4.

Ha’way man :lol:. The men played 5 Tests against Australia that were pretty much complete sell outs for every single day of cricket. According to Sky, the women’s Test sold 11,000 tickets throughout the entirety of the game. The numbers are poles apart.
That tells you that apart from watching England Men's Test cricket is on its arse and not many people want to pay to watch it, You Not going to mention that Edgbaston and the Oval were sold out for the ODI's, its not as if the ECB are making a loss paying them an equal wage

the ECB have already robbed from the counties to ‘grow the women’s game’ with that complete abomination that is the 16.4.
Why am i not surprised you'd bring this into it :lol:

I've not got a problem, it's only match fees anyway. Hopefully mens ticket prices will be the same as they are for the women though. Scandalous you pay £100 to watch the blokes and £20 for the women.

Think it's about £15k a test and £5k an ODI. The lasses only play about 1 test a year at the most (against Aus and India).

Even worse than that, tickets for their T20 game next week are a tenner. The men’s T20’s by comparison?

That tells you that apart from watching England Men's Test cricket is on its arse and not many people want to pay to watch it,

England’s white ball cricket matches are regularly sold out too. As is a vast number of men’s county T20 games. So not quite, no.

You Not going to mention that Edgbaston and the Oval were sold out for the ODI's, its not as if the ECB are making a loss paying them an equal wage
At what price though? You seem to keep missing this quite obvious fact.

Because it’s a valid point isn’t it. Especially when you say things like “cricket is on its arse”. It’s yet another question about how this ridiculous notion is going to be funded. You’re literally making my point for me. No laughing emojis are necessary.

Last edited:
That tells you that apart from watching England Men's Test cricket is on its arse and not many people want to pay to watch it, You Not going to mention that Edgbaston and the Oval were sold out for the ODI's, its not as if the ECB are making a loss paying them an equal wage

So Brandon doesn't like The Hundred, Women or equality

So where’s the money coming from to afford the rise? Are the blokes taking a paycut to even it out? If not then the money must be getting redirected from somewhere else and in turn getting less funds.

So Brandon doesn't like The Hundred, Women or equality
He's articulated quite clearly how it's not equality to give equal remuneration. Equality would be match fees being equally proportional to the revenue raised for the event.England U19s are currently representing their country. Should they receive the same match fee?
Nor is it equality to spend vast amounts promoting the Hundred and nothing promoting T20.

Last edited:
Very interesting. ECB claiming Hundred makes a profit of £15m per annum yet an independent study claims it loses £9m per annum.
ECG salary and administration costs are obscene.
Does the 3rd point on the hundred mean they pay an extra 25m on top of the costs? So around 10m loss?

Yes, I do realise that, the point isn’t altered one iota by that fact. Tickets for the men’s games in the summer that were more or less entirely sold out were regularly touching (if not more than £100 for a days play). The women’s T20 game next week? £10. A mere 10% of the cost. Even if you consider some venues were offering Day 5 Ashes tickets for £25 (and selling out) - that’s still 150% of the cost of a woman’s international ticket.

Again, professional sport is a business, not a charity. All this decision is doing is creating a problem for other areas of the game that are going to have to ‘stump up’ the money for the women. My concern is that men’s county cricket will be the first category to suffer. After that, it’ll be the grassroots game. That’s before you consider how much money (£60 million) the ECB have already robbed from the counties to ‘grow the women’s game’ with that complete abomination that is the 16.4.
The men normally get fined their match fees anyway. May as well just give them to the women instead of paying them fees.

Clearly their over rates are better than the men's so you should be all for them getting their fees ;)

Back