The Hundred

This.

I dislike the format and franchises but it'll still do more for participation than anything since 2005.

People wanting it to fail indirectly want cricket to disappear off the map in the U.K.
In my job (granted there are not many who work there) 1 person over 60 vaguely knows what is going on in cricket and 1 driver from the other factory likes the game, the rest don't have any knowledge or interest in the game at all, then you have idiots like Danny Murphy slagging it off when they game is on its knees already. It's not the games fault he can't handle more than single figure scores ;)

Give it a season, then they will be gagging for the traditional fans to fill seats

I’ve yet to see an explanation of how limiting the 100 to eight grounds is spreading the gospel of cricket?

It’s probably reinforcing the eight to the detriments of those not deemed worthy.

North East and Cumbrian kids, will only see this on tv. If they watch and say, I want to go to a game, it’s a 150 mile or so round trip, starting at 6pm and finishing a 9pm

The same for kids in the Somerset area. It should be all counties in and do away with the t20 blast. Allow England players to take part and you get an increased interest, country wide.

All this will do is fill the pockets of Gayle, McCollum, de villiers, Darren sammy and the rest.

Give it a season, then they will be gagging for the traditional fans to fill seats

I’ve yet to see an explanation of how limiting the 100 to eight grounds is spreading the gospel of cricket?

It’s probably reinforcing the eight to the detriments of those not deemed worthy.

North East and Cumbrian kids, will only see this on tv. If they watch and say, I want to go to a game, it’s a 150 mile or so round trip, starting at 6pm and finishing a 9pm

The same for kids in the Somerset area. It should be all counties in and do away with the t20 blast. Allow England players to take part and you get an increased interest, country wide.

All this will do is fill the pockets of Gayle, McCollum, de villiers, Darren sammy and the rest.

You hit the nail on the head when you said kids would watch it on TV. It'll work for that reason whether we enjoy it or not.

You hit the nail on the head when you said kids would watch it on TV. It'll work for that reason whether we enjoy it or not.
But as I said, huge areas of the country where kids watch, won’t experience it live

That’s my point. All counties should be in it, to truly develop interest countrywide

This competition will just centralise all talent and is a tapper ups dream

Back