The Hundred

I'm not interested in it. I think its daft.

I was all for 20/20. But this is daft. I don't see that 20/20 needs improving on. I'd happily restructure the 20/20 league, make city teams, jazz it up a bit, whatever. But changing the rules is daft.
This. Will be the biggest turkey going

I'm not interested in it. I think its daft.

I was all for 20/20. But this is daft. I don't see that 20/20 needs improving on. I'd happily restructure the 20/20 league, make city teams, jazz it up a bit, whatever. But changing the rules is daft.

ffs man t 20 is obviously far too confusing man, jsut ask the billion indian people who obviously can't understand it.

i think any fool can see that the best possible idea is to try and cater for people who don't like cricket, sod the people who already like it, they'll just lap up any old shite.

i forget who it was being interviewed by aggers on TMS but it's very telling when they use phrases like 'exploiting potential markets'

I've tried to forget about The Hundred but wasn't part of the reason that the BBC find it 'easier' to schedule this abomination. We all want cricket back on free-to-air TV to some extent (as it will get more people interested and hopefully playing). So something we despise might solve something we desperately want to happen. Or the BBC could just not show one of their sh1te quiz shows for a month each year during the summer and we can have T20 (2 divisions of 9, etc etc, broken record time).

I've tried to forget about The Hundred but wasn't part of the reason that the BBC find it 'easier' to schedule this abomination. We all want cricket back on free-to-air TV to some extent (as it will get more people interested and hopefully playing). So something we despise might solve something we desperately want to happen. Or the BBC could just not show one of their sh1te quiz shows for a month each year during the summer and we can have T20 (2 divisions of 9, etc etc, broken record time).
The article quoted the other day summed it up

One test a summer, ideally Lords. It’s 5 days max. We get 2 weeks of bloody Wimbledon

The IPL, the CPL and the Big Bash have all been on free to air telly. The argument that a county T20 competition wouldn't be picked up by the BBC, ITV or Channel 4 is complete and utter horseshit.

I don't know if I could cope with the BBC loving cricket again, actually recognising it exists and putting it ahead of paralympic triathlon in their sports news.

The BBC's coverage of cricket is excellent imo. Sending commentators to county games with minimal interest should get credit.

The live feeds of the tests are class, and they do them for the county championship. Compare that to any news outlet bar SKY...

The BBC's coverage of cricket is excellent imo. Sending commentators to county games with minimal interest should get credit.

The live feeds of the tests are class, and they do them for the county championship. Compare that to any news outlet bar SKY...
Aye, just to clarify, I meant their sports news stuff. Like putting minority sports they cover ahead of more popular sports that they don't.

Rules have been released.

10 balls per change of end, maximum of 3 overseas in each squad.

The Hundred: ECB confirms playing conditions for new format

So they’ve complicated an already complicated sport for newbies. Now, those who know the game won’t be able to explain to their friends / families the rules of the game without referring to a brochure. And then if the newbies enjoy it and embrace the game, they’re going to have to learn a whole new set of rules.

This tournament will alienate existing fans, maybe attract a handful of new watchers (at best) who then won’t get involved in the more traditional formats of the game anyway. This isn’t a gateway to the sport, it’s a shite gimmick. T20 was fine. If that was too long to keep people interested, just reduce the bloody overs to 14 per or something :lol:

If you can't get into t20 cricket is not for you.

It's not my thing but at least you can get a realistic game inside 40 overs, like others have said on here the main problem was losing a generation of fans after Test Cricket left Channel 4

Why not just do T15 or T10 if it’s too long. I don’t see how having a double over of 5 balls from each end, where one bowler can do all 10 or it can be split over 2 bowlers and each bowler can bowl 4 overs or 2 double overs or 1 double and 2 single overs is less complicated than 20 overs a side standard cricket.

I personally will be boycotting this rubbish and won’t give the ECB the airtime

It seems you can have tactical time outs in this game.... that'll complicate things a bit, also make the game stretch a bit longer.

Be ironic if there are ten wides and no balls per game

What happens if there is a delay due to light drizzle?

I will be watching it and no matter what the comments on here say, the majority will watch it too. End of the day we will have quality overseas pro's, 3 for each side mixed in with the best country players (not the ones who are clearly club level) which will hopefully benefit the national team going forward, we will also be able to follow the full competition live on the TV instead of having to watch scorecards via the BBC whilst also being put out to the masses.
The format is up for debate but let's see how it goes and if it helps get the next generation of players involved in the game then it can't be a bad thing.

I will be watching it and no matter what the comments on here say, the majority will watch it too. End of the day we will have quality overseas pro's, 3 for each side mixed in with the best country players (not the ones who are clearly club level) which will hopefully benefit the national team going forward, we will also be able to follow the full competition live on the TV instead of having to watch scorecards via the BBC whilst also being put out to the masses.
The format is up for debate but let's see how it goes and if it helps get the next generation of players involved in the game then it can't be a bad thing.

This.

I dislike the format and franchises but it'll still do more for participation than anything since 2005.

People wanting it to fail indirectly want cricket to disappear off the map in the U.K.

Back