The Hundred - Your Prediction

Why didnt they just create a northern team and move it around to different grounds. Could have played games in various grounds.

Even if they had only been a few games at Durham at least we would have had some link to it.

They could have split it into North East, North West, south east, south west and Wales, London, home counties, Midlands and East Midlands with games split all over the various areas, would have captured the whole country

They could have split it into North East, North West, south east, south west and Wales, London, home counties, Midlands and East Midlands with games split all over the various areas, would have captured the whole country
It really was as straightforward as that.

Spreading the game, capturing a new audience.

So all we need is a shed load of money and we can set up the Chappers, Chunk and Cartwright break away league :lol:
I’m surprised the others have not agreed a mini spin off. You could have peak summer with swathes of the country seeing no cricket at all

So all we need is a shed load of money and we can set up the Chappers, Chunk and Cartwright break away league :lol:
I’ve had a good day. Four timer on horses and football, clinched by ten sovereigns and Falkirk scoring in the 92 min

Last edited by a moderator:
I think at the start it'll be totally false. No team identities, ECB having to give tickets away for nowt to fill the grounds, most of us hating how they've bastardized the game. Most franchise tournaments have started like that (bar the last bit).

By Year 5 I think you'll have proper sell out crowds, people having attachments to teams and games like the 'London derby' and the Leeds v Manchester one meaning something. The likes of Durham will be clamoring to get the odd game up here like the small Aussie towns have managed in the Big Bash. Cricket will once again be one of the top 5 sports of kids and cricketers will be in the top few of the Sports Personality of the Year list in a big year.

I wish they'd just done a top division of county T20 but I still think bring it on, UK cricket will be healthier in 2024 than 2019.

So I hedged my bets on my year one prediction above but I think it was about right.

The success hinges on the BBC games for me and they lost their way a bit in the middle of the comp with games on Sunday lunchtimes etc. They need the night games with noisy crowds. And on that note I think that alienating the pissheads is a bad thing as a loud Edgbaston/ Headingley adds to the spectacle.

Considering most of the star overseas pulled out there was still some good stuff to watch, and most matches were close until the last few. If Warner & co come next year it should go up another notch, and there should be more people anticipating it in 2022 who’ve been drawn in by the first one.

I’ll give it a 7.5 out of 10. I can’t see how this thing will disappear now as much as many want it to.

So I hedged my bets on my year one prediction above but I think it was about right.

The success hinges on the BBC games for me and they lost their way a bit in the middle of the comp with games on Sunday lunchtimes etc. They need the night games with noisy crowds. And on that note I think that alienating the pissheads is a bad thing as a loud Edgbaston/ Headingley adds to the spectacle.

Considering most of the star overseas pulled out there was still some good stuff to watch, and most matches were close until the last few. If Warner & co come next year it should go up another notch, and there should be more people anticipating it in 2022 who’ve been drawn in by the first one.

I’ll give it a 7.5 out of 10. I can’t see how this thing will disappear now as much as many want it to.
I would give it 6.5 out of 10, as when it was launched was expecting the overseas stars to ramp up the quality which did not happen, probably through nobody's fault just circumstances.

Bit embarrassing for the status of the competition that one of the overseas men involved in the final decided to f*ck off home rather than stay and play in it.

Bit embarrassing for the status of the competition that one of the overseas men involved in the final decided to f*ck off home rather than stay and play in it.
He got called up by New Zealand didn't he?

Not sure why I even clicked on the hundred thread. Watched about an hour of it

Last edited:
Read something earlier that said the peak viewing figures for the 16.4 reached 1.8 million.

The World Cup Final had 4.5 million watching.

Make of that what you will.

Back