The GTA series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to play the new one like. Started playing IV again the other day and I forgot how boring the streets and general landscape is.

San Andreas was my favourite simply due to how fun and varied the missions were. Parachuting off a mountain on a bmx is genius.

No idea how my xBox is going to accommodate everything on GTA V but it's worth a go so here goes nothing!

All of them are amazing, well from 3 onwards. They took games to a whole new level, breaking the barriers of driving, simulators, adventure and 3 rd person. CoD may well be more popular as a whole, due to the online playing, but I love GTA. You can do anything and it's, generally, not too hard as to making it boring.

If I had one criticism it's that some of the driving/ flying levels can be bastards and I didn't like it when they started putting them in the main missions (Vice City I think).[DOUBLEPOST=1379393111][/DOUBLEPOST]PS Gutted I left my PS3 in England. I'm not buying one here with the new generations coming out.

i made a fortune in the bookies in san andreas with 'mackem delight':D
:lol: There was another Sunderland one as well wasn't there?[DOUBLEPOST=1379402606][/DOUBLEPOST]
Vice City would've been one of the best games of all time if it had a massive map.

I only picked up the series with San Andreas so missed out on this one - didn't like the idea of 'going backwards' and having a smaller map and having to wait for it to load as you move to each new area - getting rid of that was a major thing for San Andreas.

Agree with most of this, wouldn't say 4 was a half effort though. They put a massive amount of effort it, just a shame a lot of the features were tedious as fuck.

Certain aspects were immense - the new vehicle controls, the cover system, the wanted system, sealing cars was better, cars were better, the look of it. Niko was just droll compared to CJ though, the radio was nowhere near as good (interesting given that the radio was more current, and SA was set in '92), and it was all just a bit too serious. Oh an the motorbike handling was shocking - I'm hoping that's much improved 'cos I loved motorbikes on San Andreas.[DOUBLEPOST=1379403414][/DOUBLEPOST]
I loved san andreas for the gang territory takeovers. But i loved Vice city cos Superhans was the voicover for kent paul

Aye that was good.[DOUBLEPOST=1379403445][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did you try saints row?

See now that does see just too daft for me. :lol:

:lol: There was another Sunderland one as well wasn't there?[DOUBLEPOST=1379402606][/DOUBLEPOST]

I only picked up the series with San Andreas so missed out on this one - didn't like the idea of 'going backwards' and having a smaller map and having to wait for it to load as you move to each new area - getting rid of that was a major thing for San Andreas.
aye,"haway the lads"!

What year did the original come out, was it on the ps1?

It was monumental and shifted the boundaries to say the least. :)

Not sure of the exact year but can remember playing that version in the mid to late 90's on my P90 from Escom. It was a copy, dont think they even had to be cracked back then.

GTA Vice City was the boyo for me. When it came out I was on the sick for a knackered foot so for 4 months solid I played that game, some days putting in 18 hours stints.

GTA3 is still pretty class though, I have a lot of love for that and Flashback FM with the Scarface soundtrack.

Wasn't into San Andreas much. I liked the Compton-esque setting and the radio stations were superb but CJ pissed me off, all he did as whine and moan. It was an enjoyable game but I cannit see why it gets so much praise. What annoyed me also was the driving, I mean you'd be driving down the freeway in San An and some shit AI driver would just pull over out of the blue and the driving mechanics were too arcadey and shit.

So all in all my top 3 would be

Vice City
GTA 3
San Andreas.

GTA4 doesn't get a look in because it was so shite. The episodic content for GTA4 was so much better than the main game.

GTA Vice City was the boyo for me. When it came out I was on the sick for a knackered foot so for 4 months solid I played that game, some days putting in 18 hours stints.

GTA3 is still pretty class though, I have a lot of love for that and Flashback FM with the Scarface soundtrack.

Wasn't into San Andreas much. I liked the Compton-esque setting and the radio stations were superb but CJ pissed me off, all he did as whine and moan. It was an enjoyable game but I cannit see why it gets so much praise. What annoyed me also was the driving, I mean you'd be driving down the freeway in San An and some shit AI driver would just pull over out of the blue and the driving mechanics were too arcadey and shit.

So all in all my top 3 would be

Vice City
GTA 3
San Andreas.

GTA4 doesn't get a look in because it was so shite. The episodic content for GTA4 was so much better than the main game.

Exactly the same as you Vice City, GTA3 then San Andreas, GTA4 was a pile of shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back