The follow button

Somebody started following me and it slightly freaked me out. Nearly stopped me posting at all. Then I realised I'd accidentally started following them first somehow. Don't know how I did. But I really don't like it

This. No idea what it does. Does it give you an alert every time they post? I mean, there's quite a few posters that I think know their stuff and I enjoy reading but I don't necessarily want to see every single post they make. Does it send you their content via email? Can't think what it could do other than the above, and if that's the case it does seem a bit weird. Can't imagine many people use the function tbh

Their posts get added to your news feed https://www.readytogo.net/smb/account/news-feed

Which you can access from your profile.

I've been getting negative feedback from some people because I decided to follow them, some even calling me a "stalker". I follow all sorts, people I like their opinions and people who seem generally argumentative towards me also. So I resented that accusation, but then again given who was saying it perhaps its understandable.

Never thought people would consider such a thing an issue? I mean the like button I can understand how sinister and disruptive it is, but I never stopped to even consider the follow button for a minute.

Should we campaign to remove this button also? I genuinely thought it was harmless but some posters seem concerned.
Nowt wrong at all.
Followed.
BTW, where do you live? What do you look like?
Fancy meeting for a drink sometime?

Back