The failure of Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

if you look at it in the cold light of day now, it was never on for him to get us back up at the first attempt. Not from a negative view but from a practical view, anyone who though that a first division Scottish manager albeit with one season of management behind him and an award really should have shaken their "heeds" as they say in Jockland. He has been,imo, fortunate to finish where did in hindsight but for me I remain still not convinced having seen some of the decent managers and dross we have employed over the past fifty five years. He is certainly not at the bottom but nowhere near the top. first ten games next season, if he is still here, will tell.

Sense can't argue with this mind, next season the pressure is on mind#NoExcuses why because the owners have set a target to attain, it's up to him now, if he can't do it they will find someone else who will.

Where have I said anything about sacking him? :confused:

He's failed because he's failed to get us promoted. Brick wall indeed.
Therefore what are you arguing about then?!!! The bloke deserves next season to try n get promoted if not then the owners will have to think again

I can see it from both sides mate, whilst I accept there has been big changes, we saw very little improvement throughout the course of last season, we drew far too many games and to lose the checkatrade final, fail to be promoted automatically and then fail to win the playoff final was simply unacceptable. It was a poor season if truth be told and they all underperformed.

Ross has been given the green light to crack on and we should respect that now. He can't have any excuses from now on, he has to hit the ground running this season and we shouldn't accept anything less than automatic promotion. If we aren't performing, he'll be gone pretty early on as the fans will no doubt let their feelings known. It's so important we get things right in this transfer window, player acquisition is key, that and hopefully hanging onto our most influential players, McGeady and McLaughlin.
I agree and so do the owners, he will have to get us up this season, and he has better foundations to do that, well hopefully anyway :)

I'm not arguing, I'm quoting your contradictory posts.
I haven’t contradicted anything !! Said judge him at the end of last season to people who were wanting him sacked when we still had chance of promotion!! We haven’t got promoted that doesn’t mean you have to keep changing managers. Most fans with common sense know the state of the club at the end of the championship, he now has solid foundations to work with, so promotion is a must as the owners have said

Last edited:
I agree and so do the owners, he will have to get us up this season, and he has better foundations to do that, well hopefully anyway :)

I haven’t contradicted anything !! Said judge him at the end of last season to people who were wanting him sacked when we still had chance of promotion!! We haven’t got promoted that doesn’t mean you have to keep changing managers. Most fans with common sense know the state of the club at the end of the championship, he now has solid foundations to work with, so promotion is a must as the owners have said

Okay mate.

Get real, are you a mag ?? Ross has done wonders given the situation he found at Sunderland. We were a mess.
He has steadied the ship. I'm impressed by him. Rome wasn't built in a day.
He had to bring in players to boost the depleted squad, many on free transfers and spend money on the players who he thought would boost our attack. Losing Maja was a big blow. The risk of buying proven League One strikers with injuries did not pay off. He was stuck with high earning, aged players who now need moving on.
Mistakes were made, but everyone learns from their mistakes.
The stuff written about biggest budgets etc has no impact on being successful. He had to pick from what he had available.
The truth is, if Portsmouth's Tom Naylor had been red carded as he should have been, it could have been a different story and Jack Ross would have been a hero to everyone including fickle fans such as you. If that had been a Sunderland player I bet he would have been off.
As a supporter since 1962 I know what we need is stability, chopping and changing managers and back room staff rarely works. We've suffered from knee jerk reactions in the past.
Jack Ross deserves a chance to improve this squad and given the funds I think he will.
I'm proud to follow Sunderland and I've really enjoyed this last season, even though it was disappointing at the end.
Both the current and prospective shareholders hold Jack in high esteem and we need to support him and his backroom staff to get it right next season.
I'll be there.
My glass is half full.
Stop this negativity against the club I love.
Haway the Lads.

with respect whether you love them or not its blind faith in JR that's the problem he is way out of his depth if you want to admit it or not, with your blind devotion

People are forgetting when pre-season began last summer we had a squad of something like 6 first team players, the squad was built in no time at all. It's amazing we could turn up and actually compete.

Yes we expected promotion and anything else would have been seen as a failure but I feel some fans still see us a as a Premier League side in the 3rd tier - we're not, we have a few Championship players, the rest are League 1 players. As well as having young, inexperienced players in the squad, it was the managers second full season as a manager - he's still learning his trade too. Yes this was clear with our negative tactics and the vast amount of draws we picked up.

My biggest issue with our performance last season was being joint 2nd with Barsnley with 3 games in hand on the first week of April and gooning it. I thought we looked knackered after the Check a trade final and we never looked ourselves since. We can't keep sacking managers, we need to hold on to our key players, make a few solid signings, strengthen the defence, a creative midfielder, a new winger etc and if we hit the ground running we'll be fine. Keep the faith and all that...

Sort of contradicted yourself here.
Short of players and we forget but joint second in April with three games in hand. Even worse then ain’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back