The failure of Ross

Nobody asked you to fork out for them wembley trips . Hate it when ppl say this as if they've been robbed or forced to spend money on something they didnt want to and the club owes them something.

I didn’t once said I was forced.
I went because I’m 51 and love my club and deserve to see my team win something at Wembley.
Former winners fans include Carlisle Rotherham Doncaster Wrexham Bolton et el have enjoyed successes and with our squad and budget we should have won it or at minimum one game out if the two. But we were not even close. Any manager could have had better tactics than taking their centre forward off replacing him with a winger and the team having three wingers on.
What I find unacceptable is that fans of our massive club have let the club and the manager away with this buying into that absolute comedy clown methvans rhetoric of “you’ve got your club back”
Have we fuck. We’ve got a joke of a club run by complete chancers.

Some fans really don’t listen, the owners have said it was a 2 year project to get out of this division, he’s not getting sacked no matter how much whinging you do

You have literally said that we judge him at the end of the season, then at the end of the season you have literally said we judge him after two seasons.

This is one of those times when you admit you're wrong. It's okay, we all make mistakes.

I wasn’t overly impressed by him last season. After originally looking a good attacking side early on I thought he went into negative mode, and we played with fear after that.
The recruitment wasn’t exactly brilliant either.
It’s indisputable though that he inherited a huge amount of shit last summer both on and off the field, and that was only his second full season in management.
I would keep him as long as he learns from last season and identifies where we need to strengthen and importantly gets the recruitment right, I would presume this Park fella would help him in that.
Whatever he does he needs to produce an attacking vibrant side, especially at home where teams should be shitting themselves.
I saw too many Accrington Stanley’s and Burton Albion’s at times playing us off the park at home last season.

Last edited:
You have literally said that we judge him at the end of the season, then at the end of the season you have literally said we judge him after two seasons.

This is one of those times when you admit you're wrong. It's okay, we all make mistakes.
Yeah you can judge him after his first season!! Doesn’t mean you have to sack him, fuck me it’s like taking to a brick wall

If only someone was responsible for coaching them and making them better players.
He has made players better, some of our fans just aren’t happy unless they are whinging or wanting managers sacked !!

They've said he's staying, they realise Ross isn't popular. If he has a poor start, he'll be gone. The pressure is very much on.
Honestly it baffles me why so many fans want him out, we missed out on promotion yes , but there has been a massive turnaround at the club and he has been a big part of it. You only have to listen to the owners to see how highly they rate him as a manager and the stuff he’s doing behind the scenes. I know who I would trust out of the owners and a few fans shouting on social media

Last edited:
Yeah you can judge him after his first season!! Doesn’t mean you have to sack him, fuck me it’s like taking to a brick wall

He has made players better, some of our fans just aren’t happy unless they are whinging or wanting managers sacked !!

Honestly it baffles me why so many fans want him out, we missed out on promotion yes , but there has been a massive turnaround at the club and he has been a big part of it. You only have to listen to the owners to see how highly they rate him as a manager and the stuff he’s doing behind the scenes. I know who I would trust out of the owners and a few fans shouting on social media

I can see it from both sides mate, whilst I accept there has been big changes, we saw very little improvement throughout the course of last season, we drew far too many games and to lose the checkatrade final, fail to be promoted automatically and then fail to win the playoff final was simply unacceptable. It was a poor season if truth be told and they all underperformed.

Ross has been given the green light to crack on and we should respect that now. He can't have any excuses from now on, he has to hit the ground running this season and we shouldn't accept anything less than automatic promotion. If we aren't performing, he'll be gone pretty early on as the fans will no doubt let their feelings known. It's so important we get things right in this transfer window, player acquisition is key, that and hopefully hanging onto our most influential players, McGeady and McLaughlin.

Is it just me or is there not enough uproar? It is an absolute disgrace he couldn't get us back up at the first attempt imho, he should be embarrassed.

Really, really clinging to the hope that Mark Campbell wants his own man.
if you look at it in the cold light of day now, it was never on for him to get us back up at the first attempt. Not from a negative view but from a practical view, anyone who though that a first division Scottish manager albeit with one season of management behind him and an award really should have shaken their "heeds" as they say in Jockland. He has been,imo, fortunate to finish where did in hindsight but for me I remain still not convinced having seen some of the decent managers and dross we have employed over the past fifty five years. He is certainly not at the bottom but nowhere near the top. first ten games next season, if he is still here, will tell.

if you look at it in the cold light of day now, it was never on for him to get us back up at the first attempt. Not from a negative view but from a practical view, anyone who though that a first division Scottish manager albeit with one season of management behind him and an award really should have shaken their "heeds" as they say in Jockland. He has been,imo, fortunate to finish where did in hindsight but for me I remain still not convinced having seen some of the decent managers and dross we have employed over the past fifty five years. He is certainly not at the bottom but nowhere near the top. first ten games next season, if he is still here, will tell.

Maybe not, but we were one game away, gifted a goal, then went to sleep. I managed to get to about 12 home games, and with the possible exception of Barnsley, the standard actually got worse over time, not better.

That’s absolute bollocks. It’s become like a meme on here, ffs. Actually, sacking managers has saved us from the drop many times.

Bit lengthy this, but anyhoo...

Recruiting incompetent managers is what got us in league one. Every single one of our recent-ish managers, barring perhaps Poyet, has either been rightfully sacked, or left of their own accord. The only manager who looked like he might be taking us places was Allardyce. We didn’t sack him, he left. That is when things really started to go pear shaped for SAFC.

Moyes was a disgrace, nothing redeeming about his tenure, but no - despite taking us down after an utterly humiliating season, after a very decent run in the PL, we should’ve kept him ‘cos sacking managers is bad’.

Then we had Grayson. Disastrous appointment who looked like he could well be taking us down as we struggled and flapped about, no work ethic instilled in the players, showing zero signs of any shoots of recovery. We threw the dice and sacked him in the hope a new manager might save us. Despite looking out of his depth, apparently we should’ve kept him ‘cos sacking managers is bad’.

Along comes Coleman. Again, fails to motivate the team and, for only the second time in our history, we drop to the third division. Despite that, we should’ve kept him ‘cos sacking managers is bad’.

Now we have Ross. Now, it’s debatable whether he’s going to prove himself next season, I don’t know either way, but I doubt it. What I do know and what isn’t up for debate is that it isn’t sacking managers that has got us where we are, it’s the dismal appointments we’ve made. If we had good managers, they’d still be in a job. Why is this so hard for people to grasp?

All a manager has to do for now is show that they can move the club forward and learn from their mistakes from game to game. If they don’t do that, it’s just plain madness to keep them.
Spot on. It's just a lazy throwaway line that gets peddled by the media with regards to us and a proportion of our fans seem to run with it due to that. Baffling.

There's not more uproar because most people want to keep him, or at least give him another chance.

Thinks it more to dee with the upheaval owa the last few years

Had we'd been even an established championship club people would've been happy with Grayson

But we were imploding

What you doing right now like?

Trying to start yet another argument with strangers

Thinks it more to dee with the upheaval owa the last few years

Had we'd been even an established championship club people would've been happy with Grayson

But we were imploding

People were happy with Grayson but he was utterly hopeless. The two players he spent his money on were Steele and Vaughan. The man's sole in-game tactic appeared to be pointing towards the opposition goal.

Last edited:
I didn’t once said I was forced.
I went because I’m 51 and love my club and deserve to see my team win something at Wembley.
Former winners fans include Carlisle Rotherham Doncaster Wrexham Bolton et el have enjoyed successes and with our squad and budget we should have won it or at minimum one game out if the two. But we were not even close. Any manager could have had better tactics than taking their centre forward off replacing him with a winger and the team having three wingers on.
What I find unacceptable is that fans of our massive club have let the club and the manager away with this buying into that absolute comedy clown methvans rhetoric of “you’ve got your club back”
Have we fuck. We’ve got a joke of a club run by complete chancers.

Still raging off those 2 wembley displays like. Heartbraking, especially the second.
Even lose when the opposition hand us an early lead.

People are forgetting when pre-season began last summer we had a squad of something like 6 first team players, the squad was built in no time at all. It's amazing we could turn up and actually compete.

Yes we expected promotion and anything else would have been seen as a failure but I feel some fans still see us a as a Premier League side in the 3rd tier - we're not, we have a few Championship players, the rest are League 1 players. As well as having young, inexperienced players in the squad, it was the managers second full season as a manager - he's still learning his trade too. Yes this was clear with our negative tactics and the vast amount of draws we picked up.

My biggest issue with our performance last season was being joint 2nd with Barsnley with 3 games in hand on the first week of April and gooning it. I thought we looked knackered after the Check a trade final and we never looked ourselves since. We can't keep sacking managers, we need to hold on to our key players, make a few solid signings, strengthen the defence, a creative midfielder, a new winger etc and if we hit the ground running we'll be fine. Keep the faith and all that...

Last edited:
Maybe not, but we were one game away, gifted a goal, then went to sleep. I managed to get to about 12 home games, and with the possible exception of Barnsley, the standard actually got worse over time, not better.
But we gifted goals all season, not just one game at Wembley. We also went to sleep countless times during the season in games we should have won but grasped a draw from winning positions and sometimes the occasional defeat, on that your absolutely correct and that performances, at least since just before Xmas deteriorated significantly until the end of the season. My point main stays the same, a Scottish manager with no experience of EFL football save for a promotion with St Mirren gets a gig based on that alone. I have not seen anything from this lad that suggests he is capable of uping his game. I hope I am wrong but imo the jury should still be out on his managerial skills until such time he actually delivers.

Where have I said anything about sacking him? :confused:

He's failed because he's failed to get us promoted. Brick wall indeed.

He hasn't improved one single player at the club.

Back