The difference a good manager can make

Yeah, and when it fails you’ve got to sack the whole team and are stuck with players who want to play a different way.

Much prefer the DoF model where the whole club has a philosophy it can stick to.
:cool:

Imagine a manager had signed this lot, would he be peddled ? i think so.

Bishop
Triantis
Seelt
Hjelde
Styles
Pembele
Mundle
Aouchiche
Dack
Mayenda
Rusyn
Hemir
Burstow

All weve done imho is pass the buck, rather than a manager fill the club with dross weve let speakman do it. No further forward, apart from finding it harder to attract a real manager.
Dross? Burstow obviously, Hemir probably but Bellingham, Auchiche, Pembele are hardly dross and I would argue that it's too early to write off the likes of Triantis, Seelt and Mayenda.

We’ve appointed two decent ones fairly recently to be fair in Neil and Mowbray. I could’ve saw Neil staying for years if he hadn’t saw the pound signs when Stoke came calling.
Well he seemed to have all his own way at Stoke and made a complete mess of it.

The bottom line is that when managers have a bit of success they mistakenly think it is all down to them where in fact many factors are involved.

Relatively few managers are successful at several clubs.

Dross? Burstow obviously, Hemir probably but Bellingham, Auchiche, Pembele are hardly dross and I would argue that it's too early to write off the likes of Triantis, Seelt and Mayenda.
I don’t think any of the players we have bought from foreign clubs will go on to be successful sin the Championship let alone the Prem.

Always wondered if Arsenal were being a bit premature binning him.

Was it Desfartes on here who suggested we should appoint him donkeys years ago but any bugger had heard of him?

I think he was treated poorly in his stint at Arsenal like. Worst of the British media in full swing. Basically taking the piss out of his accent and everything he did and said. I think he seems a decent fella as well. Always polite to the people he communicates with.

Ah the old Will Grigg argument. Good one.

Proves the thread title to be true, hows that a weird thing to mention?
Well Steven Gerrard was in charge of transfers and brought in his backroom staff.
He fucked it up so much Aston Villa brought in Monchi to be director of football and in charge of transfers
So what you said is the exact opposite of what happened at villa

:cool:

Imagine a manager had signed this lot, would he be peddled ? i think so.

Bishop
Triantis
Seelt
Hjelde
Styles
Pembele
Mundle
Aouchiche
Dack
Mayenda
Rusyn
Hemir
Burstow
If they were the only ones he had signed maybe.
But if he also signed Clarke , Roberts , cirkin , Bellingham etc etc then maybe not.

I’m not sure if this is an accurate comparison

The budget this year was 150 million and the wage bill increased 50%.

As with Ipswich they also had an inflated budget.
You can’t cherry pick what you want.

Back