The difference a good manager can make

A good manager makes all of the difference. Him and the chairman are the most important people at the club. A good manager galvanises the squad, makes the better players more settled at the club and less likely to want to leave. I wonder when it is our turn to appoint a good manager. Do we think this chairman has what it takes to get it right?

A good manager makes all of the difference. Him and the chairman are the most important people at the club. A good manager galvanises the squad, makes the better players more settled at the club and less likely to want to leave. I wonder when it is our turn to appoint a good manager. Do we think this chairman has what it takes to get it right?
I do, he will get the next one right

We had a good manager who was sacked to cover up mistakes being made by our owner and Speakman
I don’t think we have ever had a top level manager in all my years supporting sunderland. The nearest is Reid but he was never a top level manager. Good but not exceptional. Some of our own have been top level which makes it even worse. Clough, Paisley and Kendall spring to mind.

I don’t think we have ever had a top level manager in all my years supporting sunderland. The nearest is Reid but he was never a top level manager. Good but not exceptional. Some of our own have been top level which makes it even worse. Clough, Paisley and Kendall spring to mind.
For me Allardyce stood out like a sore thumb amongst some of the other managers we appointed around that time, never seen anything like the 2nd half of that season, only lost twice from Jan onwards iirc...would be a great figurehead to work within the current coaching model imo.

Back