The Detectives - BBC 2 now

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date

Anyone watching? Not the underrated 90's comedy with Jasper Carrott and Robert Powell but the documentary. Looking at a murder by an Organised Crime Group which was basically a daylight gangland execution (actually shown in the programme). Quite scary to think this is happening in not just Manchester but most of our big cities.
I'll stick with the underrated Jasper Carrott and Robert Powell series thanks. :D

Every town and city has organised crime

certain names in Sunderland that plenty of posters will have heard of

Last edited:
Only noticed it tonight, but its riveting

Bit like Line of Duty this like
I was expecting that the 8 of them would get convicted and the total sentences would be something like 200 years. Not 51 years! and 36 of them were for Wade Cox alone!
Didn't look like the cops had loads of evidence to be fair for all of them ,stuff here and there which would be difficult to link

Only noticed it tonight, but its riveting

Bit like Line of Duty this like
I was expecting that the 8 of them would get convicted and the total sentences would be something like 200 years. Not 51 years! and 36 of them were for Wade Cox alone!
I can't belive the mixed race lad got a not guilty. He was really the only one you could id from the CCTV as he was wearing the same clothes as he had on in the gym CCTV!

I can't belive the mixed race lad got a not guilty. He was really the only one you could id from the CCTV as he was wearing the same clothes as he had on in the gym CCTV!
I guess it would depend what he was charged for. If he was prosecuted for murder rather than aiding and abetting, they may not have had enough to prove without reasonable doubt. I was also surprised mind

Thing that got me, given it was a coordinated arrest, was why 2 tried to flee the country, tip off that the dawn raid was happening?
My guess is that cox was maybe switched on enough to warn who he could from jail. He will have undoubtedly had access to a phone and when he was told he was getting produced the next day that’s when the penny may have dropped that they were all getting lifted.

I hope the north-east never catches up to the numbers of murders in the south, I see flowers on pavements fairly often, it's very sad.
Logon or register to see this image
I walk past that most days to get my lunch and didn't realise it was a murder, thought there'd been an car crash nearby or something. Despite it being not far from London, Kingston doesn't really seem the place for gangland murders

I walk past that most days to get my lunch and didn't realise it was a murder, thought there'd been an car crash nearby or something. Despite it being not far from London, Kingston doesn't really seem the place for gangland murders
Second one I have seen in three years in Kingston mate, I was there getting my Covid shot last week and saw that.

Anyone watching? Not the underrated 90's comedy with Jasper Carrott and Robert Powell but the documentary. Looking at a murder by an Organised Crime Group which was basically a daylight gangland execution (actually shown in the programme). Quite scary to think this is happening in not just Manchester but most of our big cities.
Yes. It was quite disturbing to watch the lad get shot in front of kids on a street in broad daylight.

It does make me wonder again about capital punishment. God knows how many hundreds of thousands it will cost to keep that shithouse Cox behind bars.

Back