The Detectives - BBC 2 now

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 32773

Anyone watching? Not the underrated 90's comedy with Jasper Carrott and Robert Powell but the documentary. Looking at a murder by an Organised Crime Group which was basically a daylight gangland execution (actually shown in the programme). Quite scary to think this is happening in not just Manchester but most of our big cities.

Going to watch it now, last weeks was brutal
Only noticed it tonight, but its riveting
Don't take your phone with you
Bit like Line of Duty this like
I was expecting that the 8 of them would get convicted and the total sentences would be something like 200 years. Not 51 years! and 36 of them were for Wade Cox alone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not as smart as they thought they were. Undone as most are by underestimating the power of mobile data.
Did they just forget about CCTV everywhere? They got charged with being part of an Organised Crime Gang but dont think they actually got done for that. They were all lucky apart from Wade Cox 36 years I wonder if everyday he thinks it was worth it🤔
Them sentences were all over the shop. Conspiracy to a murder and placed at the scene couple of years.
Yeh I agree, don't think they even got done for conspiracy to murder just helping an offender. Five jailed for the murder of dad of two gunned down on Ashton under Lyne Street - About Manchester

Last edited by a moderator:
Cornforth brothers obviously learned their lessons well - Conor for doing his miniscule sentence for assisting an offender, and Jay for beating all charges. Completely rehabilitated!

Did you notice the amount of times the criminals were walking around the police station without cuffs on ? not surprising that copper was able to be shot a few months back

Back