The Cure.

They're one of my favourite bands and I was at that Glastonbury performance. I actually felt everyone there was completely up for it, so surprising to read your post. It was certainly the quietist I've seen the pyramid for a headliner and naturally the crowd was far older then other headliners as most people my age were watching Chemical Brothers. Also I know where you are in a crowd makes a massive difference, and it can be massively different to other parts.
Just the way the way it came across on tv .As you say the crowd was very quiet but when something is so good you just don’t have bounce around to be into it .You can just stand there and listen as it was so good they demand your attention .

Great band their Glastonbury performance was of the best ever pity the crowd weren’t right into it though .
Their performance at The Royal Albert Hall was class too. About 4 encores and they played loads of stuff.
I got into The Cure in about 1990 thanks to my first girlfriend (also a red & white and now married to a red & white).
Seeing them in Bologna in October... so long as the fecking flights are all working then.
Just the way the way it came across on tv .As you say the crowd was very quiet but when something is so good you just don’t have bounce around to be into it .You can just stand there and listen as it was so good they demand your attention .
"Q"

I love The Cure, they're were my gateway to alternative music after watching live in O'Range one night on BBC 1 circa 89. Imagine how class it was when I finally got to see them live, not at some enormodome like I was expecting but at The Mayfair in Newcastle on the Wish tour in 92.

I love The Cure, they're were my gateway to alternative music after watching live in O'Range one night on BBC 1 circa 89. Imagine how class it was when I finally got to see them live, not at some enormodome like I was expecting but at The Mayfair in Newcastle on the Wish tour in 92.
I didn't realise they were playing there. I saw them on that tour at Edinburgh Playhouse. Absolutely brilliant gig.

I didn't realise they were playing there. I saw them on that tour at Edinburgh Playhouse. Absolutely brilliant gig.
They did about 12 small venues just as Wish got released. And then went off around the world playing arenas before coming back to the UK towards the end of the year playing more conventional arena/big theatre shows.

One of the greatest British bands of all time.

Prove me wrong.
One of many
We produce class bands
The goth band who crossed into the mainstream
He looks a clip now like and said back in the day there's no way he'll be one of these ageing rockers .
Hat tipped, he's a rich bloke who did it his way

Great band that just seem to get better and better, as does Smith's voice. Reeves Gabrels has been a cracking addition too. Also interesting that such a master of his trade said how much he's learned playing with Smith and that there's always new stuff to absorb. When he first joined I believe he had a weeks notice to learn over 100 tracks as the tour was about to start.

They're one of my favourite bands and I was at that Glastonbury performance. I actually felt everyone there was completely up for it, so surprising to read your post. It was certainly the quietist I've seen the pyramid for a headliner and naturally the crowd was far older then other headliners as most people my age were watching Chemical Brothers. Also I know where you are in a crowd makes a massive difference, and it can be massively different to other parts.
I was there for that. I don't know a great deal of their stuff but thought I'd know enough to entertain me for the set. I think they bunched most the hits up for the very end though and tbh I was bored shitless by then so i left. Robert Smith didn't help either like, barely a word to the crowd between songs. Thoight he was poor as a front man tbh.

But my mates who are Cure fans loved it. So I'm probably wrong 😀

One of many
We produce class bands
The goth band who crossed into the mainstream
He looks a clip now like and said back in the day there's no way he'll be one of these ageing rockers .
Hat tipped, he's a rich bloke who did it his way
I think they are calling it a day after this current tour.

Chemical brothers were on the Saturday night. The Cure on the Sunday

Back