The craic in the USA

. Above I should have said Washington Post not NYT,

But as that journalist in WP article explains, honest responsible reporting can no longer stand up against the lies and propaganda put out by networks like Fox News, wbbhose billionaire republican owners are prepared have zero morals or humanitarian principles when it comes to politics and business.
You just have to look at the hypocrisy at work with the likes of Fox (owned by Murdoch) who has their show stars decrying the lockdown and encourage social disobedience on air, while all the time limiting their own staff from going into their offices and encouraging working from home.

You just have to look at the hypocrisy at work with the likes of Fox (owned by Murdoch) who has their show stars decrying the lockdown and encourage social disobedience on air, while all the time limiting their own staff from going into their offices and encouraging working from home.
If you have tuned in since Wednesday the virus is forgotten now, it's all about Obama gate " the biggest scandal in American political history". according to FOX, that's gonna be all you hear from them until November, they have to deflect public opinion away from DT's dumbdemic fiasco.

If you have tuned in since Wednesday the virus is forgotten now, it's all about Obama gate " the biggest scandal in American political history". according to FOX, that's gonna be all you hear from them until November, they have to deflect public opinion away from DT's dumbdemic fiasco.
Its the worst thing ever, baddest thing he ever saw... you know what it is, many people say its terrible.... but he hasn't got the balls to say it himself.... or there is nothing there.

The irony of Laura Ingram sat in her basement broadcasting to her viewers its safe to end lock down, that Covid 19 is a left wing scam to end Trumps presidency is quite staggering really

Any of the american posters have an opinion on this?
I think when you look at what Trump has done to the American reputation on the world stage he has been an awful President. I read an article yesterday that pretty much said exactly the same thing that got me thinking and agreeing.

The problem is, that the 'Red States' are so insular in their global outlook that they don't care about global reputation, they care about Yoo Ess Aay, Yoo Ess Ay!!!!

So those who are 'for Trump' don't care, those who are against him are embarrassed for this nation, a nation that has given up its position as THE global authority and handed it to China and Germany....

I think when you look at what Trump has done to the American reputation on the world stage he has been an awful President. I read an article yesterday that pretty much said exactly the same thing that got me thinking and agreeing.

The problem is, that the 'Red States' are so insular in their global outlook that they don't care about global reputation, they care about Yoo Ess Aay, Yoo Ess Ay!!!!

So those who are 'for Trump' don't care, those who are against him are embarrassed for this nation, a nation that has given up its position as THE global authority and handed it to China and Germany....
Thanks for the insight mate

I read something in the guardian yesterday which similar things. And as well, China is rubbing its hands with how much attention trump is deflecting his way.
Coronavirus has presented China with a historic opportunity — will it take it? | Peter Frankopan

In many ways, too. There was a piece in my morning paper today telling about how the CO2 levels in the EU (and the UK) have dropped by thirty-nine per cent during this.

I really hope the government use this as an opportunity to upgrade cycle routes and not let this be a one off drop. I also think they could move some money around and improve broadband infrastructure for continued home working.

This is OT for this thread but it would nice if these kind of positives could come out of this awful situation.

Back