The craic in the USA

They are 4k deaths a day and close to 300k cases which means it will be 5-6k deaths a day in next couple weeks

tbf we're at like 6k a day if you the population into account. God knows how they're getting away with it so lightly (or us so badly) when social distancing is basically non existant over there. Even Germany today is at like 4.5k in comparison.

tbf we're at like 6k a day if you the population into account. God knows how they're getting away with it so lightly (or us so badly) when social distancing is basically non existant over there. Even Germany today is at like 4.5k in comparison.
Oh I know but our figures have spiked last few daysmm they have been 3kplus for couple weeks now at least.

I honestly think our deaths will peak in next few days . I think the states won't peak for at least a month..

No evidence but just going off the trending and graphs I've seen

Oh I know but our figures have spiked last few daysmm they have been 3kplus for couple weeks now at least.

I honestly think our deaths will peak in next few days . I think the states won't peak for at least a month..

No evidence but just going off the trending and graphs I've seen

Yeah agreed with the peak mind I think it might be a bit longer than a few days sadly though, the cases are still going up and that tends to lead to one thing since there's a 10 day lag for deaths. The Christmas linked deaths should be starting to filter through the new few days though so hopefully it's not too bad.

The USA are fucked though mind, I'm genuinely surprised it's not much much worse when you see the scenes like last night. They're very lucky imo (so far).

Probably because the country is the size of the moon.

My pal in phoenix rang me last night to say that , Arizona has the highest "per capita infection rate " on the planet. Poor sod he's 72 hasn't been out of his house since early march.
I don't blame him! Sounds like they're doing a different priority order there too.

Record high yesterday (4,470) and looking like another new record possible today.

Trump and his idiots continue to be completely silent and are doing nothing.

President-elect Joe Biden is to unveil a 1.9 trillion dollar coronavirus plan in a bid to turn the tide on the pandemic.

He wants to speed up the vaccine rollout and provide more financial help to individuals, states and local governments and businesses struggling with the prolonged economic fallout.

Called the American Rescue Plan, the legislative proposal would meet Mr Biden's goal of administering 100 million vaccines by the 100th day of his administration, while advancing his objective of reopening most schools by spring.

On a parallel track, it would deliver another round of aid to stabilise the economy while the public health effort seeks the upper hand on the pandemic, said aides who described the plan ahead of a speech by Mr Biden on Thursday evening.

It includes 1,400 dollar cheques for most Americans, which on top of 600 dollars provided in the most recent Covid-19 Bill would bring the total to the 2,000 dollars that Mr Biden has called for.

The plan would also extend a temporary boost in unemployment benefits

Back