The craic in the USA

US daily cases rising faster and above 150k per day , thanks giving in next few days . The next 4/5 weeks are going to be horrendous

Broke their previous death record to have 2300 yesterday.. these are coming through from a coupel weeks ago when positive tests were around 120k.. it's been well over 150k for last week or two now and even touched 200k couple times..

It will be 3000 deaths through December daily I fear

US daily cases rising faster and above 150k per day , thanks giving in next few days . The next 4/5 weeks are going to be horrendous
In people insist on socializing over Christmas and the New Year, we'll see these numbers continue into February
Its conceivable through December, January & February will see the death toll double.

Truly shocking

It was inevitable, he abdicated all responsibility as soon as it hits their shores and now his citizens are paying the price. We think our set-up is a farce here, theirs is non existent.

Gone like a miracle by Easter.

And still the Trump supporters see him as a God like figure.

Broke their previous death record to have 2300 yesterday.. these are coming through from a coupel weeks ago when positive tests were around 120k.. it's been well over 150k for last week or two now and even touched 200k couple times..

It will be 3000 deaths through December daily I fear

Can I ask where you get these figures from mate?

Can I ask where you get these figures from mate?

Just worldometers. Just check them each day and you soon start to see trends.

Lot lower numbers yesterday but that was the reporting dur to Thanksgiving.

The number of deaths even when healthcare is available is shocking. Can only accelerate if some are unable to get help when seriously ill. Plus extra gatherings for thanksgiving. Then xmas coming up, perfect storm.

It'll be Biden's fault.

Edit. In fairness, when Trump said it would disappear by easter like a miracle, he didn't say which easter.

Last edited:
There lies the problem, the tangerine Caligula is bragging about having enough ventilators and PPE (which is a dubious claim at best) there simply are not enough qualified health professionals & ICU staff to cope with the number of admissions. They are basically using anyone who can use a stethoscope to treat people.
Scott Atlas (aka Dr Evil) has resigned,
If this trends across the country, that's 400k plus deaths, sadly we are still early in the second wave, I think we see aa death toll approaching 1m

Last edited:
Agree, throughout this the US per capita numbers are been better than the UKs equivalent
US much less densely populated ( apart from a few areas) ?

It's also not unpleasant weather-wise in parts of the US yet (or wasn't until a week or two ago). It's no surprise that the current wave ramped up first in the upper Midwest and northern Plains, where cold weather hits soonest. It's going to get a lot worse in the next few weeks.

It's also not unpleasant weather-wise in parts of the US yet (or wasn't until a week or two ago). It's no surprise that the current wave ramped up first in the upper Midwest and northern Plains, where cold weather hits soonest. It's going to get a lot worse in the next few weeks.

I am in BC and we are having a significant rise now its cooled down. I had around 5 of my patients March-October test positive and have had 7 in November alone.

Its also gone from isolated identifiable outbreaks to where people have no idea where they got it form which is worrying.

I am in BC and we are having a significant rise now its cooled down. I had around 5 of my patients March-October test positive and have had 7 in November alone.

Its also gone from isolated identifiable outbreaks to where people have no idea where they got it form which is worrying.

Liked the post not for the content but for you providing it. I hope you're able to stay safe, and at least you're on the saner side of the border.

Liked the post not for the content but for you providing it. I hope you're able to stay safe, and at least you're on the saner side of the border.

I dunno - google Kelowna mask protest - there were hundreds of the daft fuckers protesting at the weekend and the numbers that gather are getting higher every week. Local hospital is full (not Covd just full) and Covid admissions on the rise.

One of my patients is a fit and well 50yo and never usually in the clinic but fucked with his breathing a month down the road

Back