The craic in the USA

Good interview with the tan suit wearer on BBC1 now.

How the hell did they go from that to the current incumbent in a single electoral cycle?

It was always there, you just had to scratch the surface. The tea party had been knocking around since he'd been elected, trumpism was merely the natural progression. The question that really rankles is how did he get anywhere near to a second term.

It was always there, you just had to scratch the surface. The tea party had been knocking around since he'd been elected, trumpism was merely the natural progression. The question that really rankles is how did he get anywhere near to a second term.

I said that to the wife last week - that he got 70 million votes after 4 years of complete crap, broken promises, racist bile and so much "winning" is beyond me. A sad indictment of the voting public in the US.

There are a few States worse than that, New Jersey is nearly 2 in a thousand but they currently have the worst weekly death rate according to that article.

Check out these very cool animated graphs to see the scary rise of Covid infections, deaths etc, state by state.

The Dakotas are a complete basket case since September..

COVID State-by-state by date new cases

In what way? The firm who takes that on and loses can say the odds were against them. If they were to be on the winning side, then they’d be very well rewarded. For some it clearly is worth the risk.

The major firms who were trying to take on this work were facing munities from their associates and from other clients. Jones Day dropped out after it was rumored that essentially their entire DC associate group plus many of the partners threatened to quit and a bunch of major clients threatened to fire them.

This work is absolutely toxic.

there's something seriously wrong with him, wondering if he's as heavily medicated as his buddy. the sweating, the manic, frenzied and crazy way he's delivering these pressers... this is not the same bloke that lead new york during 9/11 (i appreciate he's much older now too).
I can’t agree more with you, I thought a lot of the man when he handled 9/11 with exactly the way it needed to be done and reassured everyone and got everyone working together. Then from what I’ve seen, read and heard over the past year or so makes me think he needs to be taken out of the limelight for not only his own good but for the sake of the people who care about him.

Back