The craic in the USA

It's all too early to say which is the best option.
If they have to have lockdown for 3 months will they cope.
Will we cope when ours is inevitably extended?
If we were already in week 4 and had no end in sight, we could have far far more issues brought than covid19.

This will be one for economists and historians if we did things the right way or were influenced too much by social media

I go into work and folk are fairly positive about the future, and how things are going. I come on here and its horrendous.
I can't see this board being good for anyones health tbh.
Did you expect anything less on here?!

In fairness mate me sister's an evangelical christian, her church is closed and the pastor is organising online pray session's, mind you she's live in Bishop Auckland, where, other than electing a tory MP they are a sensible lot. Around were I live the church's and a mosque are closed. I think its more to do with them being attention seeking wankers than religion.
I'm a Christian. Theres nothing remotely Christ like in devaluing peoples lives and encouraging them to put themselves in harms way and increasing the spread of a lethal virus. My dad is a retired minister but also in the vulnerable category and before everything kicked off proper I called to tell him the same thing just in case he was feeling over zealous. Thankfully wasnt.

Theres very little I recognise as Christian in American Evangelical Christianity at this point though. Trump and their craven obsession with him as revealed a lot of it to just be people who think God agrees with their political opinions. There is no love, mercy, grace, forgiveness or investment in self sacrifice for self improvement there. Jesus said blessed are the meek, they seem to worship a God obsessed with money, power and violent retribution.

I'm a Christian. Theres nothing remotely Christ like in devaluing peoples lives and encouraging them to put themselves in harms way and increasing the spread of a lethal virus. My dad is a retired minister but also in the vulnerable category and before everything kicked off proper I called to tell him the same thing just in case he was feeling over zealous. Thankfully wasnt.

Theres very little I recognise as Christian in American Evangelical Christianity at this point though. Trump and their craven obsession with him as revealed a lot of it to just be people who think God agrees with their political opinions. There is no love, mercy, grace, forgiveness or investment in self sacrifice for self improvement there. Jesus said blessed are the meek, they seem to worship a God obsessed with money, power and violent retribution.
Not religious in the least but my value system isn’t significantly different to “ good”Christianity in terms of helping those less fortunate than myself and trying to be a morally decent human being and think you’re bang on here, they measure their faith by their zealousness but bypass the important bits. How the fuck some live with themselves is beyond me. Obviously that’s not everyone but a significant, vocal and powerful portion in USA.

how long will it actually last?

Im in the NY/NJ area and $1,200 doesn’t stretch the way it does in southern states. That money for a lot of people with families will last no more than a month. Luckily for myself I saved my money and have no real immediate worries. Just look at that unemployment chart above. It’s gonna double and triple that over the coming weeks.

I see he’s going after 3M now for doing what every American company has always done. It’s a shame he didn’t tell them before they’d sold it how bad it was going to be and this gear might be needed by themselves.

Back