The craic in the USA

Not really a difference. NJ's numbers are being driven by the NYC suburbs in north Jersey. @njmackem how you holding up, lad?
It's starting to be a bit of a struggle. Things of gone from knowing people who have tested positive with the virus to now knowing people who have passed. It is going to get a LOT worse in NJ, especially if the bloody Jewish community in Lakewood doesn't stop having parties and funerals.

Healthcare here is just as amazing (if not better) than in the UK - IF you can afford health insurance and deductables... oh and the uninsured portion of treatment.

Cheers mate. Doing my best, but I still have to work.
Can you get a mask ? as a realtor I guess you can get the viewers to keep their distance and numbers to a minimum (2 max ?).

Can you get a mask ? as a realtor I guess you can get the viewers to keep their distance and numbers to a minimum (2 max ?).

I have a box of 10 N95 masks that the wife was able to pick up recently.

I've spoken to my clients and told them if they are going to see houses with me they need to have someone look after their kids. I've told them that they have to understand the risks of going in to houses without knowing what the owners situation is and that they must wear gloves and a mask at all times. I have gloves and some masks for those who can't get a hold of them. So far everyone has been working within my rules pretty well, but as soon as they don't I will stop working with them.

I've done a lot of virtual tours for clients so they aren't having to leave the house (getting quite good at them now).

The demand to see houses hasn't changed, I am still getting called daily through my lead programs to see properties.So I have to keep working, just doing it as safely as I can.

I have a box of 10 N95 masks that the wife was able to pick up recently.

I've spoken to my clients and told them if they are going to see houses with me they need to have someone look after their kids. I've told them that they have to understand the risks of going in to houses without knowing what the owners situation is and that they must wear gloves and a mask at all times. I have gloves and some masks for those who can't get a hold of them. So far everyone has been working within my rules pretty well, but as soon as they don't I will stop working with them.

I've done a lot of virtual tours for clients so they aren't having to leave the house (getting quite good at them now).

The demand to see houses hasn't changed, I am still getting called daily through my lead programs to see properties.So I have to keep working, just doing it as safely as I can.
Good man, taking the correct precautions and keeping everyone safe (the face time viewings are a good idea, we used to do them at work).

I read somewhere that it had probably been around since as early as October/November

October/November? Any links to that?

I'm probably over thinking things here but I lost my sense of taste/smell last year probably around that time and a very slight cough (nothing like the cough been described as having coronavirus)

As I have underlying health issues I had to get it checked out at hospital but they couldn't find out how it happened. It finally returned after a few weeks but it was certainly a strange sensation.

Also work in Durham and as mentioned have a lot of contact with international students predominantly from China (Wuhan and Guangdong) so your post got me thinking - probably a bit too much😀

Really? How come?
Reported numbers of Chinese deaths doesn’t suggest that it spread to any other main cities, the death toll from Beijing alone would have been multiple times the total of what they have reported.

October/November? Any links to that?

I'm probably over thinking things here but I lost my sense of taste/smell last year probably around that time and a very slight cough (nothing like the cough been described as having coronavirus)

As I have underlying health issues I had to get it checked out at hospital but they couldn't find out how it happened. It finally returned after a few weeks but it was certainly a strange sensation.

Also work in Durham and as mentioned have a lot of contact with international students predominantly from China (Wuhan and Guangdong) so your post got me thinking - probably a bit too much😀
Theory dosent have legs to it that it was around as early as that.

It's a highly contagious novel virus so no-one has immunity. The idea that it was around before but just not being transmitted and killing people en masse despite that is pretty much impossible to explain.
Healthcare here is just as amazing (if not better) than in the UK - IF you can afford health insurance and deductables... oh and the uninsured portion of treatment.

Cheers mate. Doing my best, but I still have to work.
Sadly any excellent healthcare will be reduced to triage without social distancing.

I think maybe one of the hardest things for wealthy or even just comfortable Americans to grasp is that because they really controlled the second half of the 20th century pretty much everything has always been in their favour and there hasnt been a problem capitalism cant fix.

Last edited:
Sure I read somewhere that the Americans think it's been around and spreading since October/November last year. How many people just shrugged it off as a cold/flu if that indeed was the case. I do remember loads and loads had coughs and cold/flu symptoms around then and xmas

Sure I read somewhere that the Americans think it's been around and spreading since October/November last year. How many people just shrugged it off as a cold/flu if that indeed was the case. I do remember loads and loads had coughs and cold/flu symptoms around then and xmas

Here is why that is a silly viewpoint: if that's the case, why are hospitals all over the world being overrun with critically ill patients only months later, and all basically at the same time? Where were the critical patients then with what presents as basically being SARS and testing negative for flu, especially the younger populations?

That would not have been missed: healthy people in their 30s through 50s on ventilators or dead is not something that happens in any significant number under normal circumstances, and yet it is everywhere now, and only now. Not six months ago.

This report suggests November but it would only have been in China at that point.

There's no way it would have just sat around in China given how fast it spreads and did spread. That's essentially impossible.

Last edited:
I get that mate and I don't know but I defo read it somewhere. Maybe if true this is the 2nd much stronger viral load, kind of mutated? I honestly dont know

This report suggests November but it would only have been in China at that point.

For all we know it could have originated in Teesside before being carried over there by an exchange student given their close links to Wuhan polytechnic. Not sure they'll ever trace the origin.

Back