The craic in the USA

Meanwhile in Texas

See below reference to Greg Abbott, governor of Texas:

The Governors are having to do that procurement because the federal government refused to do anything useful. And where governors refused to do anything, localities tried. For example, Greg Abbott is a useless Trump sycophant, but the mayor of Houston isn't.

Brian Kemp goes in the dumber version of that same bucket with Abbott.

I feel sorry for the Americans who are doing their best to stay safe when there's so many morons over there. I fear their figures will skyrocket very soon, what a nightmare man :cry:.

With today's numbers (from only half the states), we've passed the case totals for Italy and Spain combined.

Last edited:
Like most politicians, out of his depth now. I haven't seen one that doesn't look rattled by this pandemic.

Apart from Stefan from Sweden, but even he's twitching a bit now too.

That bloke in charge of Singapore really impressed me tbf.
NZ has a similar population to louisiana which has 6500 cases and 273 deaths, aukland and new orleans are similar in population too i think

It's easier to lockdown an island. There aren't many roads in and out of NZ.

Last edited:
It's like herding cats over there. The individual states have a lot of power invested in their Governors, so each one does his own thing...

It may be a lesson in how the system is not 'fit for purpose' ?

If you want a civil war in the US you try to abolish the power of the states and hand it over to the Federal Government.

Back