The Borough

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be gutted if I was the sort of fanny whee'd avoid pubs 'cos the bogs smell of piss like.
Swear, the biggest shit I've ever seen was in The Borough.

Can't remember which match I was dashing from, but stopped in there for a quick piss. The turd must have been a good 7 or 8 inches tall - standing proud, head and shoulder out the water - like a mighty redwood. f***ing rancid, but hilarious.

Like the Borough but that Klitschko bouncer fella puts me off. Turned the quiz machine off at 12:50 when we still had winnings in & were still playing despite it not being kick out time.

I used to love this pub, but some sick twat has put Nickleback on the jukebox. Fuckin gonk....

Cracking jukebox that, always stick courteeners on when I'm in, loads of tracks to choose from

As far as jukeboxes go there's a mint system that I've never seen before, in Birtley snooker clerb of all places.

All you do is load up the site, enter the hosts name and select whatever you want from the whole of Spotify.

Then there's upvote/downvote options for the tunes you select so if someone's being a f***ing melt you can override them.

Superb system.

Might have to visit this place

Re the bogs - can I suggest that the bogs in The Borough are superior to those of Chaplins? Might be controversial but the bogs in Chaplins are f***ing lifting imo.

Used to love the place and drank in there pre and post match from 2000 a 2003. Was first foot in 2001 and got a free bottle of double.

As far as jukeboxes go there's a mint system that I've never seen before, in Birtley snooker clerb of all places.

All you do is load up the site, enter the hosts name and select whatever you want from the whole of Spotify.

Then there's upvote/downvote options for the tunes you select so if someone's being a f***ing melt you can override them.

Superb system.

Aye there's one in the pool hall here too. The app is awful though, slow as anything.

Re the bogs - can I suggest that the bogs in The Borough are superior to those of Chaplins? Might be controversial but the bogs in Chaplins are f***ing lifting imo.

They're just old school pub bogs. Haven't really noticed a strong smell or anything myself. Mind you I'm normally plastered in there on a matchday.

Last edited:
Good pub to go in after you've already had about 7 or 8 pints and do your best Morrissey dancing impersonation to 'there is a light that never goes out' whilst supping Heineken, so I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back