The best supermarket red wine

I am usually an Aldi wine man with Duoro or Red Zinfandel from Aldi but been trying to support local (local to me not you) businesses, a few of which will struggle to get through this. This particular one is absolutely outstanding...potentially one of the best reds I had, aside from real top draw French ones.

I’ve been to Fairview. Lovely place.

If anyone is up for something different this is a lovely drop. Lambrusco Rosso sparkling red. Suggested serving temperature is 12 - 14C but it’s served chilled in Emilia–Romagna where it’s made and I much prefer it from the fridge. Goes lovely with pizza. Usually 6 quid in Asda but out of stock at the minute
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Tried this last night and would highly recommend for a supermarket shelf wine:

Really nice drop and a bargain at under a tenner (on offer can be bought for around 7 quid).

Feel free to post your recommendations.

At the Co-op, this lovely, quite big yet very drinkable Bordeaux...

Don't drink much these days but this was quite nice, and cheap.

A man of taste. :cool:

Last edited:
If you've not tried them this place is excellent.
Takes 2-3 weeks normally to arrive but even with the shipping works out brilliant value

Welcome - Portugal Vineyards

They are cheap, I used them last year to get some Port as its so difficult to get anything but the mainstream ones at a sensible price in this country, and I filled the case up with wine all very cheap.

However, it took them 3 weeks to ‘process’ the order, a further 2 weeks for the warehouse to pick and pack it and then just over another week for delivery (I expected that last bit).

They also supplied wine from different years to the ones I ordered from the website - I was buying cheapish stuff and I am no connoisseur so in my case it didn’t really matter, but I don’t think its good practice to advertise one vintage and supply another.

They are cheap, I used them last year to get some Port as its so difficult to get anything but the mainstream ones at a sensible price in this country, and I filled the case up with wine all very cheap.

However, it took them 3 weeks to ‘process’ the order, a further 2 weeks for the warehouse to pick and pack it and then just over another week for delivery (I expected that last bit).

They also supplied wine from different years to the ones I ordered from the website - I was buying cheapish stuff and I am no connoisseur so in my case it didn’t really matter, but I don’t think its good practice to advertise one vintage and supply another.
Not good that and if I was buying the pricy stuff I'd be livid. I didn't even look at the years just the labels :)

I think they wait until they fill a container or something so the delivery can be slow but is a good way to get some nice cheap Christmas plonk but order start off Nov at the latest

Back