The BBC Is At It Again

Have to love this headline!

“Modric & Marta win Fifa best player awards”

Because everyone was desperate to know who won female player of the year!
The BBC is reporting facts?

How dare they!

Next thing you know they'll be making documentaries...

They announced it about Modric on Radio 2 news this morning. The female player was named as a bit of an after thought tbh.

And that's how it should be until the numbers following women's football match the men's game. In the same way, the lower leagues get less coverage than the PL.

The BBC website regularly has ridiculous headlines about Man City and Chelsea etc, when in fact it is the women teams that they are on about with no hint in the headline.

I have no interest who wins these awards and no interest in womens football, so simply do not care what ever nonsense or outrage unfolds from the headline.

Towards the end of MotD 2 on Sunday they said"stay tuned for more football following this show". And I thought - "that's odd I didn't think they had the Football League highlights".

And then they cut to an advert for Women's Soccer League" or whatever the UK version is called.

And I went to bed.

The trouble with these female ex players as pundits is they haven't played top class football.
The standard they play at isn't even up to say Northern League standard, and you wouldn't have an ex Northern League player as an "expert" pundit.

Given that , apparently, there now exist up to circa five genders, isn't it about time football gave up what is clearly a false distinction between men and women's football? Fifa and the FA, etc should change the rules and allow all genders (however many there are) to play in all teams; that would would put a stop to threads like this, for one thing. Same should apply to athletics and all other sports. I'm really rather surprised that certain pressure groups haven't picked up on this already.

The standard they play at isn't even up to say Northern League standard, and you wouldn't have an ex Northern League player as an "expert" pundit.
How can we judge when they are kept apart based on male or female, when the range of genders increase seemingly all the time?

Back