The BBC Is At It Again

It’s all the same faux outrage mate
I don’t think anyone is outraged - it is just amusing that they shoehorned a player in a sport with almost no fans into a headline with the world player of the year. Erm, world male player of the year.

Same as they were putting up clickbait articles about Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City only for it to turn out it was the women’s team (which they left out the headline).

Given that , apparently, there now exist up to circa five genders, isn't it about time football gave up what is clearly a false distinction between men and women's football? Fifa and the FA, etc should change the rules and allow all genders (however many there are) to play in all teams; that would would put a stop to threads like this, for one thing. Same should apply to athletics and all other sports. I'm really rather surprised that certain pressure groups haven't picked up on this already.

How can we judge when they are kept apart based on male or female, when the range of genders increase seemingly all the time?
Great idea that mind. Apart from not a single woman would have a chance of making it professionally. :lol:

I don’t think anyone is outraged - it is just amusing that they shoehorned a player in a sport with almost no fans into a headline with the world player of the year. Erm, world male player of the year.

Same as they were putting up clickbait articles about Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City only for it to turn out it was the women’s team (which they left out the headline).
I’m all for the normalisation of the women’s game myself. If a little lass clicks on the link and inspired, then job done.

Totally agree on your second point, mind. I’ve done that a few times myself!

I’m all for the normalisation of the women’s game myself. If a little lass clicks on the link and inspired, then job done.

Totally agree on your second point, mind. I’ve done that a few times myself!
True. But rolling them into one story makes no sense. A separate women’s story which led on Marta would have been a more elegant read.

Indeed all you end up doing is making the story a sprawling mess by cramming so much in. Would have been better to have the main roundup and separates on the manager of the year, etc.

True. But rolling them into one story makes no sense. A separate women’s story which led on Marta would have been a more elegant read.

Indeed all you end up doing is making the story a sprawling mess by cramming so much in. Would have been better to have the main roundup and separates on the manager of the year, etc.

The headline is 8 words long. If that’s what you consider to be a “sprawling mess” then you should probably consider night classes or something.

Looks like a bit of a 43 trick pony there and in some of the clips she looks really slow.
There is some controversy, as some Australian player is said by some to have been the better player this year. But Marta has been anointed as the female version of Pele, so for marketing reasons she gets the nod.

I get where he's coming from though, I've asked Mrs Bresslaw and she doesn't give a shite. I'll have a poll amongst her friends and see what comes up...

Someone in the BBC will be feeling very smug though, which is all that matters :lol:
Thats the thing - nobody is offended. But it is annoying the way the BBC will crowbar their editorial slant into things.

It is not just the BBC either - in the US they had some former England ladies player analyzing at the World Cup.....

... she was still better than Ian Wright, to be fair!

I get where he's coming from though, I've asked Mrs Bresslaw and she doesn't give a shite. I'll have a poll amongst her friends and see what comes up...

Someone in the BBC will be feeling very smug though, which is all that matters :lol:
Your lass sounds a bit oppressed. Shame on you.

Back