The Backpass

It was never a pass . It was an interception. 2 totally different things. Can't even be considered a free kick. Refs are particularly shite in this league

That Ipswich commentator is far better than the one we put up with. Tells you who is doing what without all the pointless facts and opinions

In your opinion. The way I see it, he knew what he was doing, he nicked the ball away from the player in the direction of the keeper. Had the ref not given it, we'd have gained a pretty strong advantage from a difficult position. The keeper should have simply smashed it away in this instance and removed any doubt/risk.

This. He nicked it but also cushioned it so McLaughlin could deal with it.

I thought he took it off the blokes foot, there is only one person who knows for sure that it wasn’t deliberate, that isn’t the goalkeeper nor the referee, McLaughlin was stupid to pick it up and he gave an idiot a decision to make. We all know that proves fatal. Note to referee lovers out there, I didn’t say he was wrong this time, just his overall game and no officials were harmed during the making of this post

Flanagan made another challenge in the 2nd half that the keeper picked up but no free kick was awarded.
Inconsistancy from the Ref at least.
Aye the keeper should not of he took a risk but it wasn’t intentional it was the only way he could get anything on the ball to tackle him
It was a tackle plus the fact he followed the ball showed there was no deliberate about it.

Last edited:
Backpass all day long. I'd say 80% of the time refs don't give that, but only because they're shit.
Allison's that he got away with at liverpool was too.

Not intentionally whatsoever was that a back pass.

It was a gentle tackle sweeping the ball off their player not wanting to give a penalty away.

It went directly to the keeper out of pure luck imo. Great tackle btw.
The one near the end was more of a backpass.

Debatable. I’d say that it was unintentional but put it this way, in terms of the call the ref made it’s hardly a shocker like! Can completely see why he’s given it. Mind you this division certainly lowers expectations of what are and aren’t debatable decisions!!

In your opinion. The way I see it, he knew what he was doing, he nicked the ball away from the player in the direction of the keeper. Had the ref not given it, we'd have gained a pretty strong advantage from a difficult position. The keeper should have simply smashed it away in this instance and removed any doubt/risk.
I think Flanagan's reaction is quite telling in that he knows he's fucked up.

OOOH! Very satirical. :lol:

I just don't consider Flanagan quick enough mentally to have considered passing to the keeper whilst making the challenge.
Ha, brutal.

I kinda don't think refs should be factoring intention in. If it looks like a pass, and acts like a pass, it's a pass imo.

Like, in the centre of the park that's getting recorded as a successfully completed pass all day long.

Back