The afterlife or whatever

Religion for me is a story that people have bought into massively. Nothing more than a fairytale or fables about someone thats got out of hand to comfort people of old times.
Now its the source of most wars.

Like gervais said. Scrap all bibles and texts and get someone to rewrite them off the top of their head, and they will be different. Bits added, taken out, different accounts and takes.

There is nothing to suggest anything after life exists. No science to it

Religion for me is a story that people have bought into massively. Nothing more than a fairytale or fables about someone thats got out of hand to comfort people of old times.
Now its the source of most wars.

Like gervais said. Scrap all bibles and texts and get someone to rewrite them off the top of their head, and they will be different. Bits added, taken out, different accounts and takes.

There is nothing to suggest anything after life exists. No science to it
If humanity ended tomorrow then humans evolved again there wouldn’t be any reminder of the bible. We would however learn about evolution and science again.

Some humans need a bogeyman. Probably because they don’t have the presence of mind to regulate themselves properly. They need to think that someone is watching them stopping them from behaving as they want to. Very shallow and unwilling to look into their darkest parts of themselves. Weak as piss.

I said something similar to this once to a vicar.

He had the best response.

Imagine we found a marine species at the bottom of the sea that was hyper intelligent, and knew its world and its history and everything about its surroundings. It could perform medicine on its own species, built a community in the sea much like ours but under water.

It still wouldn't know that trees or cows existed.

That's stuck in my mind since I was 12.

No matter what we think about our world there may well be things we can never understand or comprehend. Just like that

No doubt there are things that we can't comprehend. But that makes man made religion and the Vicars' beliefs even more daft.

Even if there's a possibility in something you would define as an afterlife, it would surely be just in the sense of the matter that we're consisted of becomes a part of something else?

I'm not sure why anyone thinks it will be a big reunion to talk about our trivial lives and all of those gone before are just hanging around waiting for you to turn up. Except for comfort of course.

In my opinion, it's far better to believe there's nothing beyond this. Enjoy your life to the full, live each day like the miracle it is and go and spend some time with your granny whilst she's here rather than wait for the imaginary reunion in the sky.

Think about it logically. You're a couple in your 20s and you have a 1 year old kid, which dies. The kid goes to heaven , and 60 years later you join it. The kid has never experienced life on Earth or known you except as a toddler. Who raised it ?

It's totally nuts
Its a soul that has experienced life many times. On this occasion it only got to see the world through the eyes of that particular vehicle for a short period of time. If its now in heaven it has escaped the cycle of birth and death.

No doubt there are things that we can't comprehend. But that makes man made religion and the Vicars' beliefs even more daft.

Even if there's a possibility in something you would define as an afterlife, it would surely be just in the sense of the matter that we're consisted of becomes a part of something else?

I'm not sure why anyone thinks it will be a big reunion to talk about our trivial lives and all of those gone before are just hanging around waiting for you to turn up. Except for comfort of course.

In my opinion, it's far better to believe there's nothing beyond this. Enjoy your life to the full, live each day like the miracle it is and go and spend some time with your granny whilst she's here rather than wait for the imaginary reunion in the sky.

The point the vicar was making, wasn't that there was any particular afterlife or reincarnation or anything like that. More that we can't actually rule anything out on the grounds that it doesn't make sense to us as humans.

I actually don't think there's some grand reunion and the Nanna Margaret is watching me. But I don't think that even as an intelligent race, science can rule it out.

This is it. Religion and the supernatural etc etc is all just made up for comfort. People cant deal with thinking about nothingness for eternity. Understandable like as I find it absolutely mental that within 50 years for billions and billions of years I wont be conscious
People have been conditioned to think that way amd it will take just as long to get rid pf those beliefs as it did to instill and reinforce them. Tallke away religion and you'll still have Sharon from the typing pool having a psychic entertaining her and her mates over a few bottles of rose.

It might be mental but the dead are happy enough. No one has complained so far.

People have been conditioned to think that way amd it will take just as long to get rid pf those beliefs as it did to instill and reinforce them. Tallke away religion and you'll still have Sharon from the typing pool having a psychic entertaining her and her mates over a few bottles of rose.

It might be mental but the dead are happy enough. No one has complained so far.

Absolutely. It just blows your mind as our brains cant comprehend it.

The point the vicar was making, wasn't that there was any particular afterlife or reincarnation or anything like that. More that we can't actually rule anything out on the grounds that it doesn't make sense to us as humans.

I actually don't think there's some grand reunion and the Nanna Margaret is watching me. But I don't think that even as an intelligent race, science can rule it out.
But we can rule it out on current knowledge.
If that knowledge discovers something new, which it does constantly, then we'll just change our opinion. Well, some will.
Why would anyone live their lives based on what they don't know.
Someone prove to me there is a heaven and hell and i'll believe them.

Can you rule out the existence of a square circle ?

I don’t believe you sadly

The fact you put quotes around Covid was alarm bells

I’ve written enough death certificates to not take your word. What you claim is ridiculous and is easy to prove. No way if you are issued a death certificate you dispose of it so just post the Image with any personal details redacted
Once again, it’s true. 😂
I informed the COVID ward that I was on and they apologised and asked me to return it. We didn’t.
Aaah, I’ve just checked with my missus and she tells me that it was a final discharge letter saying that I had died. It had four different causes and indicated no resuscitation. My name, address D.O.B.etc. Ward E 53.
Under the heading Death Certificate it says …Has death certificate been completed?: Yes.
So you’re right it wasn’t the actual certificate but a little disconcerting nevertheless. Sorry.
( I didn’t expect the Spanish Inquisition.) 😂👍

Imagine we found a marine species at the bottom of the sea that was hyper intelligent, and knew its world and its history and everything about its surroundings. It could perform medicine on its own species, built a community in the sea much like ours but under water.

It still wouldn't know that trees or cows existed.

Doesn't sound like a very good analogy at all, we predicted things without knowing they ever existed, like black holes for example.

We can use examples from extreme environments on earth to predict how nature (evolution) will likely shape beings in other environments with a given set of data.

Sounds just like a vicar, talks shite but with a authoritative air in order to be believed.
For a couple of years I learned how to get outside my body and fly about. Said it before but I stopped as it absolutely knacks when you fly back in. Haven't been able to do it since the odd time I've tried again.

That's called dreaming marra, it's just using your imagination, we all do that. I smash a volley in v the mags in the FA cup final to win the match almost every night !

Last edited:
If humanity ended tomorrow then humans evolved again there wouldn’t be any reminder of the bible. We would however learn about evolution and science again.

Some humans need a bogeyman. Probably because they don’t have the presence of mind to regulate themselves properly. They need to think that someone is watching them stopping them from behaving as they want to. Very shallow and unwilling to look into their darkest parts of themselves. Weak as piss.

Absolutely agree. Goes against all logic. People are scared to take that stance though for some reason, maybe 'just incase'.

Doesn't sound like a very good analogy at all, we predicted things without knowing they ever existed, like black holes for example.

We can use examples from extreme environments on earth to predict how nature (evolution) will likely shape beings in other environments with a given set of data.

Sounds just like a vicar, talks shite but with a authoritative air in order to be believed.

That's called dreaming marra, it's just using your imagination, we all do that. I smash a volley in v the mags in the FA cup final to win the match almost every night !
So now I can't dream anymore? :(

Nope. Was definitely flying about.

No you weren't marra.

However and lucky for you, it's really easy to prove me wrong.

I'll write a note and stick it on the ticket office door, you ermm "fly" there and tell me what it says, you up for that ?
In the comment you first responded to I clearly said I can't do it anymore. Perhaps you were half asleep. No harm done though. Bye.

Back