The afterlife or whatever

anitdontmajanow

Central Defender
It's just a pipedream ain't it, I mean in let's be realistic the amount of billions in terms of people dying since we humans were formed there ain't no way there is some spirit world house all us lot

Makes you think what these seyance nutters actually get upto.

Kind of makes you think is was religion just a way of dealing with the inevitable...

It's nuts like, no such thing as you and nothing before you're born

like Del Trotter said, if there's such a thing as reincarnation, knowing my luck I'll come back as me
That was Rodney.

Your first sentence is basically how I see this reality, although generally I am of the view that no-one (including myself) has the first clue as to what is actually going on :)

"The world is not only stranger than we do suppose, it is stranger than we can suppose."- Terence McKenna

It's just a pipedream ain't it, I mean in let's be realistic the amount of billions in terms of people dying since we humans were formed there ain't no way there is some spirit world house all us lot

Makes you think what these seyance nutters actually get upto.

Kind of makes you think is was religion just a way of dealing with the inevitable...
Yes.

This afterlife stuff is bollocks.
But if there is one, given the numbers that have gone before, imagine how hard it will be to get served at the bar in heaven.
But it would be so much worse in hell.

My personal take .
There is consciousness, its somehow contained in matter . When we die we decompose and the consciousnesses disapates. Over time the matter comes back into living organisms and the consciousness becomes awareness again and its a life.
We dont have a retained consciousness or personality after death

This is how leaving aside any other argument you know all religions are full of shit because they all claim to know this answer when they don't.

And some of them claim an afterlife, some don't. Some claim Hell, some don't.
They can't all be right but they could all be wrong.

Back