The 4th jab

This comments perplexes, who honestly gets a annual flu jab below the age of 50?

Making it an annual jab would be quite the societal shift.
Indeed. Annual covid boosters make total sense for the over 70’s (just stick them in with your flu jab). How many 20’s year olds have routinely had annual flu jabs? And what’s the evidence it’s necessary?

This comments perplexes, who honestly gets a annual flu jab below the age of 50?

Literally millions and millions in England alone.
Preschool, primary school, health and social care workers, carers, those living in houses with immunocompromised and those with underlying health problems like asthma, copd and diabetes.

Literally millions and millions in England alone.
Preschool, primary school, health and social care workers, carers, those living in houses with immunocompromised and those with underlying health problems like asthma, copd and diabetes.

You’ve missed the point, it’s quite different from everyone getting an annual flu like jab.

The flu jab is 1 in 6, it get it’s a lot of people but my comment stands.

You’ve missed the point, it’s quite different from everyone getting an annual flu like jab.

The flu jab is 1 in 6, it get it’s a lot of people but my comment stands.
You didn't make a point, you asked who gets it. I responded with those who get it from the NHS for free.
What about the millions of people not eligible through the NHS who get it through work, or pay privately at local pharmacies.

If it's deemed necessary by JVCI and people get it, it's no societal shift at all. It's the whole purpose of the JCVI and exactly what has happened with flu vaccine uptake this year.

Last edited:
Not really sure why someone young & healthy would keep getting boosted several times a year. If 2x vaccinations protect against severe disease & death I can’t see many young people queuing up to get booster number #32 in mid 2027.

Think man, they’ll only be pro vaxers left in 2027 so no lack of takers

Are they ?
I would imagine that it will be similar to the flu in the sense that it mutates regularly. I don't think having one variant gives you much more protection against different variant. Not sure how that effects natural immunity though, someone who has done more research probably can.

Last edited:

Since getting a really bad dose of the flu when I was 41, I’ve had it for the last 6 years and I’ve no underlying issues. Anecdotal but I know loads of folk my age who do the same.

Back