The 4th jab

Annual booster is fine as long as its not compulsory or compulsory by stealth. The worst of covid is clearly over therefore it should be personal choice, but clearly needed for the elderly/vunerable similar to the flu jab.

I don’t think the majority of anti vaxxers are in the demographic that covid typically effects to be honest.

There’s a lot of people, like myself, who had 2 jabs but aren’t getting the booster who are starting to be labelled as anti vax which I find a little disconcerting

Well the ONS published yesterday that an estimated 1.3 million people in the UK are experiencing long Covid symptoms. Some quite debilitating. And some in younger demographics.

So it’s not just getting seriously ill or dying that’s the risk, it’s that the more research that comes out points to the footprint of what Covid does to your body in everything from brain to organ damage. If vaccines help with that I’ll keep them up despite being in my 30s and fit and healthy.

The longer term risks for younger people have always been chronic long Covid and still are. We know from SARS and MERS now decades later what ongoing problems it left some people with

Well the ONS published yesterday that an estimated 1.3 million people in the UK are experiencing long Covid symptoms. Some quite debilitating. And some in younger demographics.

So it’s not just getting seriously ill or dying that’s the risk, it’s that the more research that comes out points to the footprint of what Covid does to your body in everything from brain to organ damage. If vaccines help with that I’ll keep them up despite being in my 30s and fit and healthy.

The longer term risks for younger people have always been chronic long Covid and still are. We know from SARS and MERS now decades later what ongoing problems it left some people with
And that’s a perfectly sensible view. As is, at least in my opinion, deciding not to if you’ve had the disease previously and were unaffected.

Not really sure why someone young & healthy would keep getting boosted several times a year. If 2x vaccinations protect against severe disease & death I can’t see many young people queuing up to get booster number #32 in mid 2027.
Because it might stop them infected a relative who isn't fit and healthy.

Also, by 2027 the virus is expected to have mutated to something significantly weaker. We only need to do this whilst people are getting hospitalised in vast numbers (like now)
Built in obsolescence, what a mysterious coincidence ?
That's how evolution works, ask Darwin.
And that’s a perfectly sensible view. As is, at least in my opinion, deciding not to if you’ve had the disease previously and were unaffected.
Have you ever had shingles? you know the 2nd infection of the virus that causes chickenpox?
Annual booster is fine as long as its not compulsory or compulsory by stealth. The worst of covid is clearly over therefore it should be personal choice, but clearly needed for the elderly/vunerable similar to the flu jab.
Clearly over? 17,000 in hospital!

Last edited:

Also, by 2027 the virus is expected to have mutated to something significantly weaker. We only need to do this whilst people are getting hospitalised in vast numbers (like now)

Have you ever had shingles? you know the 2nd infection of the virus that causes chickenpox?

Yes the worst is over

Some depressing comments from the Moderna CEO

'Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel on Thursday said the efficacy of boosters against Covid-19 will likely decline over time, and people may need a fourth shot in the fall to increase their protection.'

'Bancel said the efficacy of boosters will probably decline over the course of several months, similar to what happened with the first two doses'

'I will be surprised when we get that data in the coming weeks that it’s holding nicely over time — I would expect that it’s not going to hold great'

'The Moderna CEO said governments, including the U.K. and South Korea, are already ordering the doses in preparation. “I still believe we’re going to need boosters in the fall of ’22 and forward'

'However, the efficacy of booster shots starts to decline after about four weeks, according to the study. Boosters were 55% to 70% effective at preventing infection at weeks five to nine, and 40% to 50% effective 10 weeks after receiving the shot'
Why is it depressing ?
It would be depressing if we didn't have the option of a booster when needed.
Focus on , " governments, including the U.K. and South Korea, are already ordering the doses in preparation. “I still believe we’re going to need boosters in the fall of ’22 and forward'"
That's the good news.

Good for you. Meanwhile, the people who react badly will have to take another few days off work.
Much better than immunity waning so much that lockdown is returned though.
I’ve never taken a day off so far, don’t know anyone that has either (not saying they don’t mind)
Me neither, people taking time off work after receiving a vaccine must be miniscule

Last edited:

But the not so fit and healthy relative will be double jabbed & with booster?

But the not so fit and healthy relative will be double jabbed & with booster?
It's not a binary thing. It simply reduces the chances of infection and transmission.

The double jabbed still have a chance of catching it.

Saying the fit and healthy don't need it because the vulnerable have already had it makes it black and white - which is isn't.

One is annually the others is 4 a year atm quite different, especially for those who don't react well to them
One virus has been around at various times throughout the year, is new and evolving with increasing rates of immunity from prior infection and vaccination over the last two years.
The other is around at predictable rates at predictable times of the year with a much higher degree of immunity from decades of vaccination and over a century of exposure to previous strains.
Well i mean its not going to benefit them if one vaccine lasts forever is it 🙄
Seen as you're so well informed why don't you apply for a grant to fund a long lasting coronavirus vaccine. I'm sure every country in the world will buy it from you?

Last edited:

Back