That farmer in The Lake District

Just wait till he gets a well paid job, and his accountant suggests a good way of reducing his tax bill! :eek::lol:

I doubt I’ll ever have a job that isn’t PAYE, so problem solved!

I’m not against things like pensions or ISAs or such. More the industrial-scale tax avoidance that requires expertise beyond what a regular person can do with a bit of reading or advice from the bank or building society.

When you have lawyers and accountants setting up companies for you and moving your money overseas and creating a web of financial transactions to hide huge sums of tax that would under normal circumstances be due, then I have a problem.

I doubt I’ll ever have a job that isn’t PAYE, so problem solved!

I’m not against things like pensions or ISAs or such. More the industrial-scale tax avoidance that requires expertise beyond what a regular person can do with a bit of reading or advice from the bank or building society.

When you have lawyers and accountants setting up companies for you and moving your money overseas and creating a web of financial transactions to hide huge sums of tax that would under normal circumstances be due, then I have a problem.
Wish I could dee it tbh. ;)

I’m not an idealistic bellend.

I just don’t think causing £1000s of damage is something we should be praising the farmer for.
You are like...at times.

You’re right about the damage, of course you are. My gripe is that instead of looking at the headlines and being obsessed about the monetary value we should be digging a bit deeper and look at what has caused someone to act that way. Unfortunately people parking like bellends doesn’t have a monetary value and we can’t measure the levels of frustration or impact this has had on the farmers life so therefore we go with sensationiam farmer causes thousands of pounds with of damage. Completely unfair imo.

Well that’s just a waste of a post that mate. What is he supposed to do in the situation...not what the law says he should do?
eh ? ? . If someone is blocking a road you have to ring the Police(yes on a Sunday),your assumptions of the point of that are just assumptions.If they turn up and it takes hours to sort at least thats brought the whole thing to everyones attention which goes back back to the solution question.

You are like...at times.

You’re right about the damage, of course you are. My gripe is that instead of looking at the headlines and being obsessed about the monetary value we should be digging a bit deeper and look at what has caused someone to act that way. Unfortunately people parking like bellends doesn’t have a monetary value and we can’t measure the levels of frustration or impact this has had on the farmers life so therefore we go with sensationiam farmer causes thousands of pounds with of damage. Completely unfair imo.

You’re right that you can’t quantify the issues that led to him causing the damage. I agree. Maybe it is an unfair comparison

You are like...at times.

Yeah,your opinion,anyone thinking different is an idiot

So you’ve seen it first hand then...surely you must be able to offer some sympathy and understanding to the farmer? Arrogance? I’m not sure it’s arrogance, rage maybe as @JAZZMANB said
Well the arrogance in thinking he is above the law. But the parking thing, it's people just being selfish. I run up a lane on the way to the fell s and see cars parked in passing places all the time when they are all clearly signed.

I can see both sides to the argument.

The car parking is horrendous but only one of those parties is to blame, the first car to park has probably done so quite safe and legally but the second car has caused the obstruction. The owner of the first car has had their car damaged through no fault of their own.
The farmer had a livestock trailer on his tractor, it isn't know if he had animals on their way to the vets etc, any extra time spent on a trailer could have caused unnecessary suffering and will have caused extra stress to the livestock.
I know the road where this happened quite well, the local MRTs use that road and go through the farmers land in vehicles to get to what they use as a forward operating point. If the road is blocked that causes a l0t of issues for them, especially if ambulances etc are required.
The main person to blame is the driver of the second vehicle, without their selfish actions none of this would have happened.

eh ? ? . If someone is blocking a road you have to ring the Police(yes on a Sunday),your assumptions of the point of that are just assumptions.If they turn up and it takes hours to sort at least thats brought the whole thing to everyones attention which goes back back to the solution question.
Its far easier to power the massey ferguson through them.

Well the arrogance in thinking he is above the law. But the parking thing, it's people just being selfish. I run up a lane on the way to the fell s and see cars parked in passing places all the time when they are all clearly signed.
Aye,the world is full of the actions of arseholes,turning into Seathwaites Charles bronson isn't the answer
i had to get a lift to work because someone blocked my garage once,big sign on door saying do not block !

You’re condoning criminal damage if someone parks badly?

Mind giving your address and registration to the SMB so someone can come round and put your car windows in the next time you park badly?

:rolleyes:

Accidental damage as far as we know Frijj old chap.
We don't know if the farmer knew about the trail of damage he done to those badly parked cars do we?

I can see both sides to the argument.

The car parking is horrendous but only one of those parties is to blame, the first car to park has probably done so quite safe and legally but the second car has caused the obstruction. The owner of the first car has had their car damaged through no fault of their own.
The farmer had a livestock trailer on his tractor, it isn't know if he had animals on their way to the vets etc, any extra time spent on a trailer could have caused unnecessary suffering and will have caused extra stress to the livestock.
I know the road where this happened quite well, the local MRTs use that road and go through the farmers land in vehicles to get to what they use as a forward operating point. If the road is blocked that causes a l0t of issues for them, especially if ambulances etc are required.
The main person to blame is the driver of the second vehicle, without their selfish actions none of this would have happened.
Cracking post mate and exactly what I was trying to say until @Frijj called me an idiot and I took offence.:lol:

Yeah,your opinion,anyone thinking different is an idiot
Good, I’m glad we’ve got that cleared up. The sooner people realise I’m always right the better.;):lol:

Back