That farmer in The Lake District

You’re not condoning his actions, but you’re supporting and praising him.

He does not have the right to damage people’s cars.

If you parked on one side of the street, legally and someone parked opposite you, illegally that would create a bottle neck.

Now let’s say the bin lorry gets pissed off and pushes through, f***ing your car door.

You’d say “good job” to the council I guess?
You’re missing the point completely and looking at this black and white as usual.

Answer my scenario about an ambulance or mountain rescue needing to get to the farm or to that point of the lakes. If they can’t grt there because of cars blocking the road what are they supposed to do? If they pushed through and caused damage would that be ok?

Taking your example of the bin wagon is a completely different scenario which would be a different attitude altogether.

The sides of their trailers can be quite sharp though!

The farmer musn't care about being charged as the sides of his trailer will be covered in evidence. Scrapings of Jaguar, Mini, etc....

I wonder if those cars were actually parked on his private road to his farm?
nah its not a private road but goes to a dead end in the valley where you have to continue on foot. The road is very narrow in places (as per picture) but there are many places along it with room for parking on both sides of road and to allow passing withease

I'm torn on this. I don't condone anyone damaging anyone else's stuff in anyway shape or form. But I'm guilty of thinking it.

Over at Dalton Park people used to park on our main road into the estate half on the path so they didn't have to go in the car park.

When I used to go out on a Saturday the road was serious, and if anything was comming the other way I'd have to wait behind the line of parked cars parked half on the path. Used to say to my wife I felt like getting my golf club and just walking down and smashing off all the mirrors. I never would like, just sort of a dark little fantasy:oops:

Last edited:
You’re missing the point completely and looking at this black and white as usual.

Answer my scenario about an ambulance or mountain rescue needing to get to the farm or to that point of the lakes. If they can’t grt there because of cars blocking the road what are they supposed to do? If they pushed through and caused damage would that be ok?

Taking your example of the bin wagon is a completely different scenario which would be a different attitude altogether.
They were wrong to park there but he is not above the law and has no right to damage their cars.

They were wrong to park there but he is not above the law and has no right to damage their cars.
No of course he hasn’t and he’ll suffer the consequences.

Everyone is very good at judging the farmer but there hasn’t been any solutions as to what he was supposed to do yet?

Everyone is very good at judging the farmer but there hasn’t been any solutions as to what he was supposed to do yet?
He could only inform the appropriate authority, be it the local authority or the Police. The local authority probably.

You think it’s ok parking with ignorance and blocking someone’s access? What if the farmer needed an ambulance up at his farm or mountain rescue needed to get up there?

I’m assuming you’ve never been to the place that’s being discussed? There’s no need for people to park like utter cretins and block someone’s livelihood. There’s plenty of other options for parking.

Maybe get off your high horse and stop looking at criminal damage headline and think about the impact this has on the lives of the people who are affected by it on a weekly basis.

You idiot
No point arguing with Mr Morals man.

He could only inform the appropriate authority, be it the local authority or the Police. The local authority probably.
On a Sunday morning? If he called the police there nothing they could go as the cars aren’t parked illegally, there’s no yellow lines there.

I’m trying to put myself in the farmers shoes here...he’s loaded his trailer with sheep, maybe they’re going to auction, maybe he’s tsking them to a buyer, maybe he’s just transferring them to a different fell...either way he’s got his livelihood ready for transport. He finds he can’t get out of the lane because it’s blocked by cars, he knows ‘the system’ won’t support him, he can’t wait for people to come back to their cars, he’s thinking about the welfare of his livestock.....what options does he have?

You think it’s ok parking with ignorance and blocking someone’s access? What if the farmer needed an ambulance up at his farm or mountain rescue needed to get up there?

I’m assuming you’ve never been to the place that’s being discussed? There’s no need for people to park like utter cretins and block someone’s livelihood. There’s plenty of other options for parking.

Maybe get off your high horse and stop looking at criminal damage headline and think about the impact this has on the lives of the people who are affected by it on a weekly basis.

You idiot
Non of this makes any difference to taking the law in your owns hands,he may as well shoot them as well while he's on,they deserve it.

On a Sunday morning? If he called the police there nothing they could go as the cars aren’t parked illegally, there’s no yellow lines there.

I’m trying to put myself in the farmers shoes here...he’s loaded his trailer with sheep, maybe they’re going to auction, maybe he’s tsking them to a buyer, maybe he’s just transferring them to a different fell...either way he’s got his livelihood ready for transport. He finds he can’t get out of the lane because it’s blocked by cars, he knows ‘the system’ won’t support him, he can’t wait for people to come back to their cars, he’s thinking about the welfare of his livestock.....what options does he have?
:lol: All ifs and buts,he's just an angry knacker is my guess

Non of this makes any difference to taking the law in your owns hands,he may as well shoot them as whole he's on,they deserve it.
Well that’s just a waste of a post that mate. What is he supposed to do in the situation...not what the law says he should do?

Unfortunately he would have to go back. There is no justification or lawful excuse for what he did. Mind, I get over the lakes every other week and a lot of people's selfish driving and parking matches the farmers arrogance.

Unfortunately he would have to go back. There is no justification or lawful excuse for what he did. Mind, I get over the lakes every other week and a lot of people's selfish driving and parking matches the farmers arrogance.
So you’ve seen it first hand then...surely you must be able to offer some sympathy and understanding to the farmer? Arrogance? I’m not sure it’s arrogance, rage maybe as @JAZZMANB said

No ones judging no one,you're saying he's right to do that and he isn't.As for solutions,it must have happened before and he should have asked for help from Police/council etc with markings or signage or like i say set out a designated temp parking spot and passed the info around with perhaps a one car Police presence .

Back