Thank you SAFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now excuse my typing skills as written english was never my strong point!

Due to ill health the game next Sunday will be my last watching the lads, From the Roker to the North stand i have been there. Been through a few highs and many many more lows With the lads but would i change it for the world! would i fuck.

I have seen the game evolve from Era to Era seen many great players at Roker and the SOl and see alot more shite grace. but i was there week in week out win or lose rain or shine.

The bastards got me high left me low broke my heart But i fell in love with them and for ever more will be in love with the lads.

SO a message to all the fans still going Keep the red flag flying high we are a great club we have a great fan base a passion other than non we are one big family. We don't have to get on but we all have one thing in common our love for Sunderland AFC.

I really really hope you get your European trip i will be there i spirit.

Keep the faith. FTM

Old timer

all the best fella, thoughts with you and your family

I hope we give you one last roar!

Very sorry to hear this old time safc. I hope you enjoy the game and I hope the players see this thread.

Don't like the sound of this.
i couldn't put a face to your username but i've read a few of your old school posts and i've absolutely no doubts whatsoever that i've been stood near you in a few hairy situations in years gone by.
good luck and best wishes.

My thoughts are with you old timer. IF Sunday is the last game you ever witness I hope you take some time to reflect after the game, win or lose. Knowing Sunderland, we'll be glorious in defeat, just in keeping with the past 50 years.

Genuinely one of the most upsetting posts I've read on here. I've not touched the big 'C' thread as I've lost too many close relatives to it.

Your words have highlighted what I love about Sunderland. It's the connection of our fans and our stiff upper lip. We can see hope in adversity, hope you find the same yourself. Take care and good luck with your battle, I sincerely hope you pull through.

Last edited:
Aye, I read the first couple of pages then decided to not read anymore :confused::-(

And me. Skimmed through a few posts but couldn't bring myself to bed anymore :cry:

To the OP, I honestly don't know what to say. This thread has really affected me, it could easily be any single one of us. I seriously wish you all the luck in the world.

I will think about you on the final whistle. Hope you have enjoyed the match. and raise a glass to you after. all the best mate. keep the faith brother

Very sad reading but I have read some inspirational stuff from u and the others over the months. You guys are the life blood of this club not only with your dedication but your humility and spirit.

All I can say is that i hope you get to spend as much time with your loved ones as possible, that you suffer as little as possible and that, if it is your last game that we show Utd and the world that we are Sunderland say we are Sunderland!

Flying high up in the sky
We'll keep the red flag flying high
Wherever you go, you're sure to know*
We'll keep the red flag flying high.

* or whatever words you use on that bit

Puts things in to perspective this like. Thanks for posting.

All the best marra, will be thinking about you on Sunday and will take it in all the more myself for reading this. Thanks.

One of the most powerfull things I have ever read.

I come on here and post light hearted non sense that is at best tedious and purely for my own amusement.

To suddenly be confronted with a massive dose of real life is very humbling.

I hope when people get a little angry over football they can refer to this post to inject a huge dose of perspective on any situation.

Repect.

Very moving post :cry: My thoughts with you and your family, old fella.

Let's hope the lads give you one of those magical results like Man City earlier this season. You deserve it. KTF.

So sorry to read this fella. I hope we stuff Man Yoo for you and it will be you I'll immediately thinking of if we do. I hope your final days are peaceful and pain free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back