Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a monumental waste of time and money.
He (Hancock) was saying in the briefing the other day that they'd placed an order is it was ready to go but they hadn't comited to it as they wanted to test the tests. I assume now they've proved to be shite they'll not bother. Yeah they'll have bought a few to test but it won't be as many or have cost as much as the tweet suggests. Media are right twats.
I assume if they’re defective they won’t be paid for
See my other reply.

He (Hancock) was saying in the briefing the other day that they'd placed an order is it was ready to go but they hadn't comited to it as they wanted to test the tests. I assume now they've proved to be shite they'll not bother. Yeah they'll have bought a few to test but it won't be as many or have cost as much as the tweet suggests. Media are right twats.

See my other reply.
Yup

That’s a different test to see whether someone has already had the illness and recovered, not to see whether someone who currently has symptoms has the virus now.

Agree it’s an absolute shambles like.
How is it a shambles, this is a brand new test and up until a few weeks ago nobody

Is there a reliable one yet or are some countries using ones that odn't
The Sunday Times headline doesn't make any sense when you read what you can of the article.
This! Sensationalism to generate clicks and therefore money. From what I recall, this is a brand new test and up until a few weeks ago nobody had one never mind ones that gave a result albeit with occasional wrong results. Is there a reliable one yet or are some countries using ones. This is also a tests that many countries are after so it's the bog roll situation and it seems some countries may be happy to buy bog roll with shit on it rather than the clean ones the UK are after.

It's also the confusion between the 2 tests that makes people think this is the PCR test that has been in use for months now as the 100,000 a month by end of April was both tests. One to test if you've got it and 1 to see if you've had it.

This was a canny read but things may have changed since then but it explains the various tests

I’ve read enough thanks.
It seems you haven't read enough as you've been suckered in and said it's a shambles. Can you point out any countries using this test yet but will a high reliability correct result rate? Germany were hoping to start 100,000 tests mid April (results from end of April) for example and they're supposedly the leaders in this thing to follow. I got that from this link but haven't followed it up and at the time they hadn't even got the funding to do it ([LINK)

Researchers in Germany are currently preparing a mass study into how many people are already immune to the Covid-19 virus, allowing authorities to eventually issue passes to exclude workers from restrictive measures currently in place.

The study, which is yet to finalise funding, would involve testing the blood of more than 100,000 volunteers for coronavirus antibodies from mid-April. The test would then be repeated at regular intervals on an accumulatively larger sample of the population, to track the pandemic’s progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send a tweet to Sky News, they are an absolute shambles.
They are. They announced on 24th March that they’d ordered 3.5 million kits and they’d be available “within days” from Amazon and Boots.

They confirmed on the 2nd of April that some of them didn’t work and now we have confirmation that none of them work. I suggest you actually look at the timeline of what the government says and when they say it.

I don't think we have physical.paid for that many . It was an order on condition they worked..

In what way.. you have to try things...

We havent actually paid for that then kits up front.. all the press briefings have said the order came with conditions of them working.. so order cancelled
Ah right, phew !

I'm a fan of the Sunday Times and have subscribed for years.. they have recently changed editor and it's tone has changed dramatically and is becoming more sensationalist

They are. They announced on 24th March that they’d ordered 3.5 million kits and they’d be available “within days” from Amazon and Boots.

They confirmed on the 2nd of April that some of them didn’t work and now we have confirmation that none of them work. I suggest you actually look at the timeline of what the government says and when they say it.

That doesn't mean journalists can just spout shite to make up for it though does it?

See my other reply.
Cool, ta xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back