Test Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you call root stokes bairstow and cook world class
Hayden,Langer,Ponting,Waugh,Hussey,Clarke.

With also the likes of Martyn,Lehmann,katich thrown in too. There's a solid platform to build on most games.

Bairstow has had to get us up to par scores due to top order collapses over the past 2 years. Moeen been doing that role a fair bit too.

Hayden,Langer,Ponting,Waugh,Hussey,Clarke.

With also the likes of Martyn,Lehmann,katich thrown in too. There's a solid platform to build on most games.

Bairstow has had to get us up to par scores due to top order collapses over the past 2 years. Moeen been doing that role a fair bit too.

Yeah but we haven't been picking middle order players scoring runs in county cricket, hence the collapses. We had Vince in ffs.

To be fair this is Root's squad, so on his head.

But its fairly clear we are a proper batsman short.

Stoneman will go to Australia, so he should play now, he is perfect for Australian conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
he isn't anywhere near the best batters or bowlers one of these classic bits and pieces cricketer ok at both but not good enough for test level hope im wrong though are they leaving out Rowland jones?

Aye I agree picked because he can do a bit of both but will be found out at test level. Would much rather have given Stoneman a chance and had a proper batsman in. Aye Roland Jones missed out

Dawson and Ballance starting...
ffs why are we playing two spinners at Lords and how many test before we drop Ballance for the 3rd time, i'm gonna say 3 tests after failing to get a score above 30.

Rabada and co will enjoy bowling to Ballance

Dawson is a tidy enough cricketer but no way should he be starting a test match as a spin option. Not overly sure why we would need two spinners at Lords anyway and it's a real kick in the teeth for Adil Rashid who has been excellent in the shorter format for England over the last year, to see two inferior spinners in Ali and Dawson play ahead of him.

Ballance probably deserves to be picked on sheer weight of runs this season but it must be last chance saloon for him now.

ffs why are we playing two spinners at Lords and how many test before we drop Ballance for the 3rd time, i'm gonna say 3 tests after failing to get a score above 30.

Ask Root

Ballance deserves his recall but at 5

Yeah but we haven't been picking middle order players scoring runs in county cricket, hence the collapses. We had Vince in ffs.

To be fair this is Root's squad, so on his head.

But its fairly clear we are a proper batsman short.

Stoneman will go to Australia, so he should play now, he is perfect for Australian conditions.

Johnson - knows his stuff yet again. Stoneman should be in. It will be interesting how he copes when top class international bowlers bowl straighter lines to him, rather than give him width but I back him to succeed. He will also become the first player I have a) taught business studies to b) played against - who goes on to play international cricket for England!

I fancy Ballance for a decent knock this test.

shameless bump, Ballance with a top score of 34 so far

Gary Ballance has broken his finger and will miss next Test at least.

Mark Stoneman will make is debut and will open, Jennings will bat at 3.

Why Hameed? He's massively out of form

Dunno mate, just liked the cut of his jib in India. He showed resilience, valued his wicket, played some lovely shots when needed and showed tons of determination when batting with a broken hand. Something we lacked in the 2nd test against the saffers.

I know he's out of form but I thought he'd slot straight back in when fit, no questions asked. But like others have said, his time will come again, no need to rush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back