Test Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm probably not to be honest

Curran brothers. Overton brothers. Porter? Coad was 35 wickets @ 17
Not convinced with curran brothers for test arena from what I've seen and seen nothing of porter snd coad. Thought overtons had chance but seem to have fallen off radar a touch. Injuries?

I'm probably not to be honest

Curran brothers. Overton brothers. Porter? Coad was 35 wickets @ 17
Sam is a decent red ball cricketer, but put him in the Test arena and if the ball isn't swinging, he'd be cannon fodder. If/when he adds a bit more pace, he's a possibility
Tom is okay in red ball cricket, but nothing more.

Porter bowled bloody well against us in both games for Essex, mind.

There's a chance this summer v the West Indies to give a couple of young lads ago with the Ashes tour in mind. I've always liked the look of Sam Curran.

Sam is a decent red ball cricketer, but put him in the Test arena and if the ball isn't swinging, he'd be cannon fodder. If/when he adds a bit more pace, he's a possibility
Likewise for Coad, not that he should be anywhere near even being talked about for a Test place having played 8 FC games.

Realistically, we'll be taking 7 pace bowlers to Australia. Stokes, Wood, Broad, Woakes and Anderson are definites. Probably Ball as the 6th. I'd like to see a young lad going along for the experience and he should play v West Indies before then. Sam Curran is my pick. He can bat as well.

Realistically, we'll be taking 7 pace bowlers to Australia. Stokes, Wood, Broad, Woakes and Anderson are definites. Probably Ball as the 6th. I'd like to see a young lad going along for the experience and he should play v West Indies before then. Sam Curran is my pick. He can bat as well.
I think his bowling is better but he seems to think his batting will be the strongest part of his game

We need a number 8/9. Can't have Ali or Buttler at 8 or their batting will regress to being lower order sloggers and both are much better than that. Woakes is ideally suited but looking ahead, Broad and Anderson maybe have 2 or 3 years left in them. Good sides bat deep.

I still rate Plunkett, especially on Australian pitches

We need a spinner and our batting line up is just wrong. Otherwise we are fucked if the Ashes take place.

Bairstow is in our top 3 batsman, foakes is supposedly a better keeper. Could kill 2 birds with one stone.

We need a spinner and our batting line up is just wrong. Otherwise we are fucked if the Ashes take place.

Bairstow is in our top 3 batsman, foakes is supposedly a better keeper. Could kill 2 birds with one stone.

Birds with 2 stone is having Baristow at 7 where he has flourished, with 2 more batsman would be a much better side

Birds with 2 stone is having Baristow at 7 where he has flourished, with 2 more batsman would be a much better side
Foakes appears to the batsman next in line for the middle order.

Bairstow is frankly wasted at 7.

Flipping them around would strengthen our batting and wouldn't weaken our keeping. Maybe even elevate it.

Northeast,Lawrence, Livingstone are probably the only others in with a shout. It's a bare cupboard.

Foakes appears to the batsman next in line for the middle order.

Bairstow is frankly wasted at 7.

Flipping them around would strengthen our batting and wouldn't weaken our keeping. Maybe even elevate it.

Northeast,Lawrence, Livingstone are probably the only others in with a shout. It's a bare cupboard.

Was Gilchrist wasted at 7? Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back