Tesla Motors...

How involved have you been with car manufacturers? The jump has already been made to be honest, there is no significant development money being out in to ICE cars now. They are all developing a wide range of EVs. They are not daft, they can see the ICE is becoming obsolete by technical development brought on by the commitment to zero new ICEs by 2040 (or earlier in some countries).
Maybe you should inform those car manufacturers who continue to produce mainly ICE vehicles 😆

Lease?

£8.60 for 200 miles

Most won’t have that facility as it’s shit expensive

Yes they work for lease deals as well as outright purchases.
One other cheeky benefit of an electric car is that you can plug in and park at the PodPoint at Tesco’s for the duration of the match without getting a ticket.

Last edited:
I’ll have to be quick, most can’t keep up!

read this on the Tesla m3 FB page.

“Those that have not yet ordered a model 3 and have access to the NHS Fleet Solutions scheme, go check it out NOW. Model 3 Performance is on special offer from £325 per month. Absolute cracking bargain.

No deposit and this monthly cost covers EVERYTHING. So no Tax/VED/insurance to think about.”

read this on the Tesla m3 FB page.

“Those that have not yet ordered a model 3 and have access to the NHS Fleet Solutions scheme, go check it out NOW. Model 3 Performance is on special offer from £325 per month. Absolute cracking bargain.

No deposit and this monthly cost covers EVERYTHING. So no Tax/VED/insurance to think about.”

If you work for the NHS it’s a canny scheme. They have the same age restriction as my workplace though, you can’t lease it if you’re under 30.

Annoying that someone who is 30 could have passed their test last week, but someone who is 29 could have been driving for the last 12 years and not be eligible.

Either way, I’ve got the second best thing to a Tesla on the way ;)

I was a sceptic but a lad at work bought one. Its the most refined car I've ever been in. Next level.
Never driven anything like it mate. There are a couple of quality issues with the interior which I reported at handover, and a bit of wind noise coming from passenger side, not worth going back to Leeds to sort it so will wait for the Newcastle service centre to open before I get them sorted.

the wife actually screamed when I put my foot down, the response is hard to believe, and I’ve drove a Ferrari before. Acceleration feels more like the atom, it blows the Ferrari away!

Seems like this year electric car competition will increase massively. Note that Volvo are offering x40 as full electric.

Also there are a couple of other brands that seem to have some cool looking cars albeit not sure how good they are:

Polestar (Volvo dedicated electric car brand)
Lucid
Rivian (May have something to do with Ford)
Byton
Fisher

A lot of the stuff I’ve read on electric cars also say that the Kia e-Niro is a good car and a more affordable price.

If you work for the NHS it’s a canny scheme. They have the same age restriction as my workplace though, you can’t lease it if you’re under 30.

Annoying that someone who is 30 could have passed their test last week, but someone who is 29 could have been driving for the last 12 years and not be eligible.

Either way, I’ve got the second best thing to a Tesla on the way ;)
Which is...?

Better than a Tesla.

It is faster than some Model 3s but the best Model 3, and the regular S and X are better cars IMO, but considering I currently drive a 68hp Citroen that produces about 90nm of torque and has no gadgets beyond a USB cable, I’d be impressed by anything.
what do you think of it? Ill be in one next couple of weeks

Haven’t taken delivery yet! Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
It is faster than some Model 3s but the best Model 3, and the regular S and X are better cars IMO, but considering I currently drive a 68hp Citroen that produces about 90nm of torque and has no gadgets beyond a USB cable, I’d be impressed by anything.
There's more to a car than just speed marra.

There's more to a car than just speed marra.

Oh of course but I reckon 90% of this thread has been about acceleration! It’s a beautiful car inside and out. The interior is better looking than the Tesla 3, which I just don’t “get” despite it being an obviously great car.

@Joe Public what do you make of the interior of the 3? isn’t it weird having so few actual buttons?

Logon or register to see this image

Oh of course but I reckon 90% of this thread has been about acceleration! It’s a beautiful car inside and out. The interior is better looking than the Tesla 3, which I just don’t “get” despite it being an obviously great car.

@Joe Public what do you make of the interior of the 3? isn’t it weird having so few actual buttons?

It’s fantastic IMO, I was so bored of cars, this just feels completely different. The only thing really is I don’t think the speed is obvious enough, I’d like that more directly in my eyeline, but suppose it’s just a case of getting used to. I didn’t use autopilot but adaptive cruise control was fantastic, barely had to do anything on the motorway myself, and it felt very safe.

I didn’t turn the sport mode on until Sunderland and it scared the shit out out me, only gave it a proper blast on the coast road last night.

ipace is fantastic too, we looked at them but couldn’t get them near our budgets.
Speed isn’t obvious that was meant to say.

Last edited:

Back