Tesla Motors...

Somebody above has said you can get them for £500 a month and £5k deposit which sounds about right. That’s not an inconceivable amount of money. That must be 8k miles over 3 years minimum and no maintenance.

Thinking about it, my new (company) car is £700 a month on BCH including contract hire. Thankfully I’m not paying it but I also do high mileage and can’t have a Tesla.
I've managed to get an i pace under 500 a month, no deposit, 12k miles and over 24 months through a salary sacrifice, was a no brainer.
Some of the normal lease rates are nuts for electric like.
I asked for a quote for a 3 and an X from NHS leasing and they couldn't even return a quote for either. Depending how they develop think my next car will probably be full electric.
Tbh keep checking as they keep popping off and on.
Had model 3 performance on a few months ago.
Have e trons and merc eqc on offer at the minute. Nhs fleet solutions anyway

Last edited:

What is going to be your estimated monthly saving?
Well before covid would be over 200 quid, car I have now is bout 420 a month, new one is 490 so 70 more.
But spend about 200 a month on diesel and 50 on insurance which is included, as are services and tyres. Chargers at work so free charging.
However I may be working from home for a good while so dilemma is do i have a lovely car mainly sitting on the drive, I drive 2 hours a day normally and do like cars so don't mind spending a few quid on something I like but if I can get confirmation I'm wfh for the next 9 to 12 months I might just fuck it off.
What is going to be your estimated monthly saving?
I've asked about a mileage adjustment actually but I've basically got to reapply for new paperwork albeit I won't lose the car I have on order, that might bring the i pace down to bout 420 if I say 6000 a year

Last edited:
Well before covid would be over 200 quid, car I have now is bout 420 a month, new one is 490 so 70 more.
But spend about 200 a month on diesel and 50 on insurance which is included, as are services and tyres. Chargers at work so free charging.
However I may be working from home for a good while so dilemma is do i have a lovely car mainly sitting on the drive, I drive 2 hours a day normally and do like cars so don't mind spending a few quid on something I like but if I can get confirmation I'm wfh for the next 9 to 12 months I might just fuck it off.

Well unless you’re going to start doing a lot of joy riding it will be a bit of a waste of money if that’s the case.

Well unless you’re going to start doing a lot of joy riding it will be a bit of a waste of money if that’s the case.
Yeah i know totally agree, but hard to get official clarification from work, reckon I'll def be work from home until Jan though.
Car was due on 18th but now August.
Tempted to terminate current one now I only use it once a week.

Went head to head at the lights with a Dodge Challenger yesterday, immature I know but was fun. Victory was mine! His made a better noise like, if you like that sort of thing.

True enough.
Still smarts, the idea of handing over £12k and then 2 years later having absolutely nothing to show for it.
I know what you mean but if you bought a 40k car it would drop that anyway so you've still lost 12k.
Just a different way of looking at it.
You'd still have a car but might still owe 28k on it, tbh this one being electric should save me a fortune when back in office so was a no brainer.

I’ve had to cancel my e2008 order because I’m now being told it will be ready December. I ordered it in March and the car it was replacing went back to the finance company in July.

The only way I could afford an electric was through my work salary sacrifice scheme (and they’re nearly all “built to order” with 3-4 month wait times), so I’m off to test drive a pre-registered Astra on Friday and pollutevthe atmosphere.

Last edited:
I’ve had to cancel my e2008 order because I’m now being told it will be ready December. I ordered it in March and the car it was replacing went back to the finance company in July.

The only way I could afford an electric was through my work salary sacrifice scheme (and they’re nearly all “built to order” with 3-4 month wait times), so I’m off to test drive a pre-registered Astra on Friday and pollutevthe atmosphere.
I ordered my e2008 in January and it was delivered the first week of July. Stick with it man and by the time we’ve got through the second spike local lockdowns it’ll be ready for delivery.

Cruise control mixed with lane assist is an absolute game changer mind. We were away at the weekend and I used it in heavy traffic in Scarborough and got through without having to touch the brake pedal.

I ordered my e2008 in January and it was delivered the first week of July. Stick with it man and by the time we’ve got through the second spike local lockdowns it’ll be ready for delivery.

Cruise control mixed with lane assist is an absolute game changer mind. We were away at the weekend and I used it in heavy traffic in Scarborough and got through without having to touch the brake pedal.
We can’t wait until December (minimum) for a car - I cant be without a car for 5 months. My wife is in the office at the other end of the city, kids are at a school club and need picked up by 5:45 and I have no transport - it’s just not practical.

I also found the Tusker customer services through lockdown to be a nightmare - I’m not sure if I mentioned in this thread before but the dealer told me the charger “upgrade” isn’t compatible with the U.K. market and strongly recommended I change my order.

In early March I asked for the charger upgrade to be removed. It then sat as 2 orders in the system for months. I raised this with them multiple times (at least once a month, every fortnight from early July) and every single time I was told - “don’t worry there’s definitely only one order on the system, you’ll not end up with 2 cars - the only issue is that we have to merge the orders manually” and as recently as mid August was told “the car without the upgrade will be ready in September”. Even when I contacted the dealer myself at the end of August (Against Tusker advice) and was told that the “upgrade” was still there and any changes would knock the date back 3 months the Tusker staff told me she was wrong and that only Tusker should be contacting the dealer. It turns out I was right all along, they had 2 orders in for me, the one with the useless upgrade had a build slot this week and the car that would actually be suitable hadn’t been passed to the dealer. It was a farce.

Last edited:

Back