Tesla Cybertruck

seem unlikely

Post Nov 10 2023
  • Tesla not taking orders for Cybertruck in UK & EU (yet)

It appears that it's unlikely to get past safety standards in the UK

It says customers will be taking deliveries yesterday, then the next bullet point says specs have also leaked.

Are people buying them without knowing anything about them??:eek:

seem unlikely

Post Nov 10 2023

It appears that it's unlikely to get past safety standards in the UK
Thank fuck. It's bad enough on the roads as it is without these things being driven about, death traps.

had a model 3 for 3.5 years and got the Y when it went back. Absolutely love both, exceptional cars, such a leap forward that it’s tough to change to anything else.

Love the cybertruck, it’s so different you will either love it or hate it and they are the things that get remembered.
I've had my 3LR for 2 years and love it , my company is already trying to push me into an Audi or VW ID4 when it's due back in 12 months time which I'm not interested in as it stands,after being spoilt with Tesla's Superchargers I'd be worried about using other public chargers

Not so keen on the cybertruck but it's something very different and we'll see how it does in maybe 18 months when they mass produce them

Hundreds of thousands ordered when announced without knowing any specifics
Think they might have 2 million deposits. A lot of these will just have been placed so people can brag about it, unless the resale is more than $61K they wont be buying.

Doubt it'll ever get sold over here 'properly', too big and couldn't pass the safety regs, they have enough demand elsewhere, not worth the efort at present. Suspect there will be a few grey imports though.

Brushed stainless steel just means it’ll be impossible to clean - DeLorean built it’s cars with it and said to remove grease marks to brush it with a Brillo pad soaked in petrol.
Any oil based substance, including cooking oil is good for cleaning ss. Fingerprints a huge problem and of course, non smokers only..

Last edited:

Back