Tesla Cybertruck

I like Teslas, not so much the hype around them. Hate that truck.

They were saying it can carry heavier loads for longer distances, and with a stainless steel body is tough and durable (even though the windows broke...). But who's going to take that seriously as a pickup?

Traditional truck owners aren't going to be converted to an EV by that. They'll end up at the hands of a niche market of people who'd most likely buy another type of EV anyway, not people who'd buy another type of pickup.

Besides that, people have a perception of what a car looks like. The further you stray from that the more uncomfortable people get. That's why most cars look the same. Weird looking cars never sell well.

There were some concept images of the truck doing the rounds a while back. This looked much better IMO and would have a much better chance of getting a foothold in that pickup market.

Logon or register to see this image

Brushed stainless steel just means it’ll be impossible to clean - DeLorean built it’s cars with it and said to remove grease marks to brush it with a Brillo pad soaked in petrol.

Brushed stainless steel just means it’ll be impossible to clean - DeLorean built it’s cars with it and said to remove grease marks to brush it with a Brillo pad soaked in petrol.
Was watching the episode of Wheeler Dealers with the DeLorean the other week. They were saying the stainless steel was resistant to rust and scratches, but not dents. The panels that had dents had to be removed to be straightened and they had to get a bloke in to refinish the brushed steel by hand. Looked a right fuck on.

The one with the supposedly bulletproof windows that smashed as soon as a metal ball was thrown at them?

I understand it is bullet proof as it will stop the bullet. It isn’t shatterproof however, a completely different characteristic. Tesla misinterpreted the specs it seems. Unless it was done on purpose.

I understand it is bullet proof as it will stop the bullet. It isn’t shatterproof however, a completely different characteristic. Tesla misinterpreted the specs it seems. Unless it was done on purpose.
Musk reckoned it shattered because they earlier walloped the door with a sledgehammer, compromising the glass. Doesn't answer why the rear window smashed anarl

Back