Terror attack on London Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to sound like a wussy drama queen but of course I'm alarmed. I have to go in to one of our big cities (which they seem to prefer to smaller ones) every day, like millions of other people, go past the site of where it happened like thousands of others, get on a tube just like I did on 7 July 2005 like thousands of others. But we've got to keep calm and carry on.
I get all that mate, i certainly dont think youre a pussy by carrying on with your life, i think brave of you to do so and everyone else. Tbh this isnt the response i expected though, its not related to what you have been asking.

what are you on about mate?

I get all that mate, i certainly dont think youre a pussy by carrying on with your life, i think brave of you to do so and everyone else. Tbh this isnt the response i expected though, its not related to what you have been asking.

what are you on about mate?
Fair enough, and I do now understand what you were saying.

I understand your point of view, my 13 year old son was on that bridge the day before. What im trying to say is that there is a reason to be alarmed and i would expect armed police on patrol hours after a terrorist event. Its not like youre just walking down the street and think to to yourself, fuck me why is there armed coppers everywhere.

I've lived in London for 24 years, Police with guns doesn't alarm me anymore. In fact your username alarms me more tbh. Rank.

I think I've found it mate. You're right. Cracking read it was mate

http://www.salon.com/2016/01/06/sau..._u_s_relationship_with_the_theocratic_nation/
Have you watched the show in the paragraph below mate? Sounds interesting but the displays of brutality is putting me off looking for it. I can't hack much graphic stuff these days.
"Journalist Abby Martin devoted an episode of her show “The Empire Files” to exploring the Saudi-U.S. relationship. The episode, aptly titled “Inside Saudi Arabia: Butchery, Slavery & History of Revolt,” displays the brutality of the monarchy in excruciating detail."

I hope this doesn't sound insensitive or anything but these people from Saturdays attacks who are 'missing',i don't understand this,are they assumed dead fell in the Thames,anyone??

I hope this doesn't sound insensitive or anything but these people from Saturdays attacks who are 'missing',i don't understand this,are they assumed dead fell in the Thames,anyone??
I don't understand this either, and wondered the same thing :(

I don't want to sound like a wussy drama queen but of course I'm alarmed. I have to go in to one of our big cities (which they seem to prefer to smaller ones) every day, like millions of other people, go past the site of where it happened like thousands of others, get on a tube just like I did on 7 July 2005 like thousands of others. But we've got to keep calm and carry on.

I was in Leicester Square on Saturday night when it started and hearing it was going on in 3 different places (obviously we didn't know the full facts) was quite unnerving,if you'd not known about it in London on Sunday morning you wouldn't have thought anything had happened,i never saw any armed Police or any extra ordinary Police for that matter,business as usual.

Last edited:
Dunno about you but I feel vulnerable as fuck on the tube. Weird atmosphere on Monday (obviously). I've had to walk past the bridge about 10 times already...
Just gotta grit our teeth and carry on with business as usual. I almost wonder if they picked London Bridge because so many people go across it / past it every day and they wanted to plant psychological scars on us.

Well fuck them, tomorrow I'm Millwall, and the day after, and the day after that ;)

Dunno about you but I feel vulnerable as fuck on the tube. Weird atmosphere on Monday (obviously). I've had to walk past the bridge about 10 times already...

I was on the tube on Sunday morning and I think because the attack had just happened I was in a frame of mind of 'well it's too soon for it to happen again'..i went to see shows on Wednesday and Friday night and was alarmed how lax the checks were when going in,people going in with rucksacks, sportsbags and the security barely looked inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back