Teetotal

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is possible to have a drink without getting wasted/being ill the next morning. Couple of glasses of wine with a meal.
All or nothing for me in terms of drinking, dont enjoy the taste of any alcohol so id rather chill out with something else like tea, pop, etc

Thats the thing tho you must be quite soberish not pissed to do that, when I'm pissed I'm hoying money left right and centre, another thing I hate about drink you dont think things thru
I don't have the money to throw about so I've kinda programmed myself to do it on autopilot. I mostly drink strong ales so I'm generally pretty mortal, but rarely am I mortal enough to start sticking 20s down the barmaid's top.
Take Saturday for example: went out and had 10 pints of between 5 and 7.3%. I was bouncing off the walls by the end and have no memory of the last 2 hours, but at no point did I think "ooh lets get some shots in". Still came home with change out of £40.

All or nothing for me in terms of drinking, dont enjoy the taste of any alcohol so id rather chill out with something else like tea, pop, etc
Then I'd suggest not drinking it. When I was 17 I used to choke down pints because I wanted to get drunk. Now, I enjoy the taste of wines, beers etc but only in moderation. Last hangover I had was 3 years ago after a wedding in Italy

Then I'd suggest not drinking it. When I was 17 I used to choke down pints because I wanted to get drunk. Now, I enjoy the taste of wines, beers etc but only in moderation. Last hangover I had was 3 years ago after a wedding in Italy
Not the reason I am stopping, the fact of me not really liking the taste of it isn't a reason why I'm stopping it's more things like, wasting money, being rough as fuck off it, etc

Not the reason I am stopping, the fact of me not really liking the taste of it isn't a reason why I'm stopping it's more things like, wasting money, being rough as fuck off it, etc
Not sure why you would drink something you don't like the taste of, regardless of the other reasons. Depends on your age I guess

Not sure why you would drink something you don't like the taste of, regardless of the other reasons. Depends on your age I guess
When I say I don't like it, I don't mean its awful and I gag everytime I drink it kind of thing. I can drink it its just not really that nice, kind of like a kebab in eating terms

Since my daughter was born 4 years ago i've pretty much stopped drinking - really cant be arsed with the hangovers anymore. I never drink in the house as i dont see the point in it.

I'll still go out now and again and have a few but i can take it or leave it.

Since my daughter was born 4 years ago i've pretty much stopped drinking - really cant be arsed with the hangovers anymore. I never drink in the house as i dont see the point in it.

I'll still go out now and again and have a few but i can take it or leave it.

You need to get back in the game or she's going to think you are a right sad sack when she is 15.

Best way to be imo. Ppl who do this have the best\right idea.

Hadn't drank for a while myself prior to Friday night and had a blow out, and was ill for the next 2 days to be honest.

Spoilt my weekend, spent ower a hundred quid easy and was no where near worth it.

My next drink will probably be new years eve, after that I'm looking to stop all together.

Anybody else on here teetotal??

Prefer being sober also.
It's Oxygen you want to give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back