Teetotal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even the poncey bars don't charge that much, at £6 a pint you'd still have to drink more than 16 pints to get through £100 and unless you're Andy Fordham that ain't happening.

Some people drink bottles/vodka and red bull/other such nonsense

this is why i drink with other strong hard working blokes like myself, pint glass covered in dirt once ive picked it up hard day at graft, going down tonight for a pint, ill be sweating like off all the work ive done

Surely alcohol is one of life's pleasures as long as you don't overdo it?

It's not good for the waistline mind, so there are benefits to not drinking, but on the other hand, a modest amount of red wine has some health benefits, for instance. Just about being sensible, surely? I can understand if people have had an addiction (or risk one), but if that's not the case it's perfectly possible to enjoy without doing yourself any harm at all.

In the same way, I could stop eating butter, cream, chocoloate and suchlike, but I would be limiting my enjoyment of food considerably if I did. Taken in moderation, they do no harm, and can be part of a healthy balanced diet, just like the odd glass of booze.

See post above

This, shud have been more specific, although I never pouch when I'm out
I've got it sorted like. Get the metro out, drink pints or bottles only, no shorts or chasers, no food then taxi or walk home. If I taxi I try and get people in the queue heading the same way to share. I never spend more than £40 out these days.

I've got it sorted like. Get the metro out, drink pints or bottles only, no shorts or chasers, no food then taxi or walk home. If I taxi I try and get people in the queue heading the same way to share. I never spend more than £40 out these days.
Thats the thing tho you must be quite soberish not pissed to do that, when I'm pissed I'm hoying money left right and centre, another thing I hate about drink you dont think things thru

Surely alcohol is one of life's pleasures as long as you don't overdo it?

It's not good for the waistline mind, so there are benefits to not drinking, but on the other hand, a modest amount of red wine has some health benefits, for instance. Just about being sensible, surely? I can understand if people have had an addiction (or risk one), but if that's not the case it's perfectly possible to enjoy without doing yourself any harm at all.

In the same way, I could stop eating butter, cream, chocoloate and suchlike, but I would be limiting my enjoyment of food considerably if I did. Taken in moderation, they do no harm, and can be part of a healthy balanced diet, just like the odd glass of booze.

It's great when you over do it as well. Well for that golden two hour period before it all goes pear shaped.

Best way to be imo. Ppl who do this have the best\right idea.

Hadn't drank for a while myself prior to Friday night and had a blow out, and was ill for the next 2 days to be honest.

Spoilt my weekend, spent ower a hundred quid easy and was no where near worth it.

My next drink will probably be new years eve, after that I'm looking to stop all together.

Anybody else on here teetotal??

Prefer being sober also.
It is possible to have a drink without getting wasted/being ill the next morning. Couple of glasses of wine with a meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back