Teams agree new Super League

Yeah….great….so would I….but that wouldn’t happen. The ‘Big 6’ won’t leave the Premier and the Premier wouldn’t kick them out. They would want to be in both and the Premier and EFL would bend over backwards to make the divisions smaller to facilitate less games, so that the ‘elite’ English clubs can do both.

Would have to voted through by the majority to restructure the league, which isn't happening.

Wonder why the difference in outlook? It was good to see a collective fck off from the English football support. Assumed it would be the same in Germany but was good to see their owners (particularly Bayern) quickly dismiss it aswell.
Because in Spain, 95% of the TV money goes to Real and Barca, and the rest feed on scraps. Without those two, for all there’ll be less money, it will be split more equally between them all, which may or may not work in their favour ultimately, but I can understand the sentiment of saying go and piss off then and we’ll play on a level playing field for once.

I can’t ever see a situation where the fans of Man Utd, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea would want to be in a league only with overseas teams.

If they’re allowed to compete domestically still then maybe but they should absolutely not be allowed.

I can see the premier league surviving without them and I’m sure the next level teams would be happy to compete for the title. The big 5/6 would be begging to return
At best it may evolve to be some sort of summer tournament like the ipl where teams will float off here and there for matches but who’d really be interested after a few weeks of random euro teams playing each other. Champions league does that already and I bet most people aren’t really that interested apart from the really big games

Because in Spain, 95% of the TV money goes to Real and Barca, and the rest feed on scraps. Without those two, for all there’ll be less money, it will be split more equally between them all, which may or may not work in their favour ultimately, but I can understand the sentiment of saying go and piss off then and we’ll play on a level playing field for once.
Hasn’t done for about 6-7yrs.

I watched some sports show with carragher and a couple Spanish journalists when this was originally floated. The Spanish were booting off with carragher saying their top teams like Real and Barca now couldn’t compete with the PL and the money involved in it.

As far as I could tell they saw it as getting one over on the English teams and somehow giving them a taste of their own medicine. No surprise here to see all La Liga teams involved.
Weird really didn’t see them complaining when they were buying up every top talent about and paying them silly amounts of money

Hasn’t done for about 6-7yrs.
I may have embellished on the numbers, buts it not split remotely like it is anywhere else.

Barca and Real get way more than anyone else, Atletico catching them up, the other mikes behind.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, but I can understand why everyone in Spain is happy for them to piss off, unless you have another theory as to why this is?

People don't really get it do they. Like LIV golf they just need enough big-ish teams to join to get it set up, then give it time the real big names will all fall into line.

Hope it succeeds personally. Fuck the lot of them. Will clear football for the rest of us.
It won't though. Premier League can spout as much as they want about expulsions. There is no way they are expelling City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd. They are the big earners for their TV rights. If they form a ESL, and those clubs join, they will be in that and the domestic league.

Bet the Saudi Mags will want in, can just see it now Newcastle v Almeria in the European super league 😂
Let them go…..Hopefully will not vandalize the SOL again they will to busy throwing there toys out of the pram on the Super League opponents

Last edited:
I may have embellished on the numbers, buts it not split remotely like it is anywhere else.

Barca and Real get way more than anyone else, Atletico catching them up, the other mikes behind.
The Spanish govt changed it becos the clubs couldn’t pay their taxes. It was changed to a PL type deal= Equal split + Positional Bonus + TV appearences. As they’re on tv every game and finish near the top they’re gonna get the most.
It’s not enough for the bastards though. Fuck em.
Barcelona making absolute arses of themselves again.

They’ve really morphed into a vile club
No morphing involved. Always have been a vile club.

Last edited:
Gone are the days of giving free advertising for charities, they’d pipe tramps off for a few euros now
And they only done that as a 'friendly' way to the sportswashing Qatari money that they really wanted.

Guess they have no more financial levers or rights to the 2095 panini sticker collection they could sell to get more funds.

Im awaiting this to be like the golf with the Liv Saudi takeover

Hopefully nufc leave and fulfill their dreams of another intertoto certificate

Back