Bairstow
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Curran
Broad
Wood
Anderson

At least to start with, Foakes is a better batsman that he is WK but Bairstow is a better WK and a better batsman. Unless they can emerge quickly then there is no better options than Jennings, Hales is the attacking top order batsman who is good enough for Tests, Rashid and Leach in the squad fair enough and the same goes for Foakes who should be included as a batsman not a WK batsman.
Bairstow is not a better keeper than Foakes man

Stoneman
Burns
Root
Livingston
Buttler
Bairstow
Stokes
Ali
Archer
Broad
Anderson

Happy with for Leach for Ali and Woakes / Curran still good options for 3rd bowling slot over here.

Roy
Burns
Bairstow
Root
Bell
Stokes (c)
Buttler (w)
Ali
Archer
Broad
Anderson
Bell? Been and gone imo. I can see what you are thinking about him but I can’t see the England selectors going back to him.

Nah they probably won’t mate, but like Chris Rogers did for Australia I think he would do a good job for us in the summer.
No doubt. What a state we are at this point. Classic England. I still think we will regain the ashes though.

Home conditions, different series. Their pace attack worries me but I’m not sure it will be as effective on our pitches. Like the Windies did we need to make sure the pitches suit us, which I’m sure they will.
Exactly.

I'd bring Morgan in to be honest as a captain. He'd do 100 times the job that Root did and would certainly not lack the application of half of these idiots, even if he is technically lacking in this form of the game. Root definitely looked affected by the captaincy and not only he is not a good captain at all, but his batting is affected negatively by it as well.

Can't do any worse than the other idiots if you stick him in at 3 or 5 either.

Can't understand moving Bairstow up the order, he had an exceptional time of it at 7, but doesn't have the technique against the new ball to play at 3 and we have lost one of our best batsmen for it - maybe have him as high as 5 but no more for sure.

burns looks like a player, and has had some bad luck in this series, so I'd stick with him. No idea about the second opener spot - probably go for Stoneman, as at last he has the correct approach, unlike the other options.

Ali is so loose with the bat he drives me mad, can't play so irresponsibly. Unless we get him down at 9 or something.

Burns
Stoneman
Morgan
Root
Buttler
Bairstow
Stokes
Woakes
Leach
Broad
Anderson

At this point in time I'm with you on this. We need a top order and Root is the nearest thing we have.

Sad thing is. Without genuine top order players it feels like shuffling deckchairs on the titanic.

Yeah it does and that’s the problem, it’s time for our best batsman to step up and take that responsibility at 3.

It’s a team game, we know he prefers 4 and of course we know he gets runs there,but imo he has got runs in the past because of his ability as a batsman not the number he has batted, and is clearly better than other options.

It’s time to put the team first!

I would say there's a lot of cricket to play before then but there isn't for this lot. Not proper cricket anyway.

Roy
Burns
Root
Fuck knows. f***ing Morgan for his captaincy if no fucker else
Buttler
Livingston
Stokes
Woakes
Leach
Broad
Anderson
If Livingstone is the answer you're asking the wrong question. Unless the question is "which Lancashire batsman didn't score a championship 50 last season?".

I'm surprised how many people are leaving Foakes out, he's batted as well as or better than everyone else since he came into the side and looks the best wicketkeeper.

Looks likely it will be stokes, woakes and foakes in the last test

Canny blokes?

I don’t, I think it’s disgraceful that in international cricket he can decide where to bat and not told where to bat
That’s the new reality from the 80s and 90s era

They get the leeway due to central contracts, media duties and multi national sponsors demanding players selected to market their products.

Also the open opportunity of early retirement then have a jolly time playing in the various t20 leagues and making lovely moolah

1. Burns
2. ??
3. Clarke
4. Root
5. Buttler
6. Foakes (WK)
7. Stokes
8. Ali
9. Curran
10. Broad
11. Anderson

Jennings
Hales
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Curran
Broad
Wood
Anderson

At least to start with, Foakes is a better batsman that he is WK but Bairstow is a better WK and a better batsman. Unless they can emerge quickly then there is no better options than Jennings, Hales is the attacking top order batsman who is good enough for Tests, Rashid and Leach in the squad fair enough and the same goes for Foakes who should be included as a batsman not a WK batsman.
Foakes is the best gloveman in the country!

Last edited:

Back