6.Stokes
7.Bairstow (w)
8.Woakes
10.Broad
11.Anderson

More questions than answers IMHO

Curran was excellent in the summer, but looks toothless when it doesn't swing
Burns, Jennings & Denly don't look test standard
Foakes is a good keeper, but is he any better than Bairstow who doesn't get into the side on his batting alone
Spinner? Ali looks shot as a batsman, Rashid looks shot full stop, Leach lengthens the tail

Clear knee jerk reaction, but this arse kicking has been coming for a while

I would say there's a lot of cricket to play before then but there isn't for this lot. Not proper cricket anyway.

Roy
Burns
Root
Fuck knows. f***ing Morgan for his captaincy if no fucker else
Buttler
Livingston
Stokes
Woakes
Leach
Broad
Anderson

Last edited:
Stoneman/ Denly
Burns
Bairstow
Root (c)
Stokes
Buttler
Foakes (wk)
Woakes
Broad/ Curran/ Stone/ Ali
Anderson
Leach

I think they've got to play Leach as he looks a quality bowler who can either tie an end up or attack.

Stoneman/ Denly
Burns
Bairstow
Root (c)
Stokes
Buttler
Foakes (wk)
Woakes
Broad/ Curran/ Stone/ Ali
Anderson
Leach

I think they've got to play Leach as he looks a quality bowler who can either tie an end up or attack.
Not sure Bairstow has the technique to play against the new ball. He gets bowled through the gate far too often

I would say there's a lot of cricket to play before then but there isn't for this lot. Not proper cricket anyway.

Roy
Burns
Root
Fuck knows. f***ing Morgan for his captaincy if no fucker else
Buttler
Livingston
Stokes
Woakes
Leach
Broad
Anderson

Fuck me, if that XI was picked for a tour game I'd be livid, never mind an Ashes squad.

Dom Bess. Why has he disappeared? His bowling was ok and technically his batting was streets ahead of some of the elite batsmen on show this series

Over to you then. Same old shite from this tour is It?

Jennings
Hales
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Curran
Broad
Wood
Anderson

At least to start with, Foakes is a better batsman that he is WK but Bairstow is a better WK and a better batsman. Unless they can emerge quickly then there is no better options than Jennings, Hales is the attacking top order batsman who is good enough for Tests, Rashid and Leach in the squad fair enough and the same goes for Foakes who should be included as a batsman not a WK batsman.

If only No.3 was our only problem. The top 3 is a BIG problem. I don't see any of those who we've played in those positions in the last 2 years being good enough

I don't think they're good enough either mate but you can't pick fresh air to bat there.

Dom Bess. Why has he disappeared? His bowling was ok and technically his batting was streets ahead of some of the elite batsmen on show this series

Cos Leach and Ali are far better...

I wouldn't pick him there. He's much better at four.

The thing is, he's our best batsman and he's captain. There is no better options at 3. He needs to stop hiding behind the "I'm a better batsman in the middle order" line and start to take responsibility for HIS test team. In my opinion, it's why the test side is so unbalanced at the moment, we are lacking somebody to go in at first drop and at least trying to dominate.

1. God knows / Burns
2. God knows / Jennings
3. God knows / Stoneman
4. Root
5. Hales
6. Stokes
7. Bairstow
8. Ali
9. Woakes
10. Broad
11. Anderson

Leach on a spin friendly pitch for Woakes

tbh. A good team is dead easy to pick if it wasn't for numbers 1, 2 and 3 f'ing everything up, either by there being no one obvious to be there or for weakening the rest of the team moving other people around people around, making one hole in order to patch another.

ok so picked 3 for the top order, although I have more confidence in 'God Knows'.

Back