Tasks you’ve set yourself to see if you can achieve them.

I set myself a target of being able to play the piano before I'm 60. I have had this plan for the last five years and I'm still at the 'research' stage as I'm still looking at digital pianos. Had a nasty injury last Easter and lost the use of my right hand. This has put me back a bit, as I now only have four years to complete this task.

Last edited:
I set myself a target of being able to play the piano before I'm 60. I have had this plan for the last five years and I'm still at the 'research' stage as I'm still looking at digital pianos. Had a nasty injury last Easter and lost the use of my right hand. This has put me back a bit, as I now only have four years to complete this task.

I'm getting a keyboard in March and gonna learn to play Beethoven's Fur Elise.

Correct. Lanky ginger cantankerous fist whom I've grown to like based on his not winding people up. But still a red top.

Fly to Buenos Aires. Then to mendoza, then to here, then get a bus to ushuaia. Then fly back to BA and enjoy the food.

Best trip I've ever been on.

Bollocks to everest.
Sounds familiar. Beech boys ?

Signed up for a 1000km bike ride in August.....75hr time limit. I've done some decent distances in the past...this one is on another level.
Impressive that mind

Whats the details, like whereabouts is it, hills etc? What do you estimate to be the riding time, with stops, sleep etc? What mph are you going for? Do you have support so you aren't carrying your gear?

Impressive that mind

Whats the details, like whereabouts is it, hills etc? What do you estimate to be the riding time, with stops, sleep etc? What mph are you going for? Do you have support so you aren't carrying your gear?

It's not a race as such...just get round within the 75hr time limit...you do a bag drop at the start and there's 3/4 locations on route where you can get some kip. Other than that you're un supported.

It's not a race as such...just get round within the 75hr time limit...you do a bag drop at the start and there's 3/4 locations on route where you can get some kip. Other than that you're un supported.
Met a lad on the C2C last year who was doing Lands End to John O Groats in 10 days, think it was about 100 mile per day but he was finding it tough.

Weather had come into play more than he thought so he was finishing later and by the time he 'wound down' and got to kip he was only getting 3-4 hours in. He said at that point it was the lack of sleep that was the killer more than anything else.

Summit all the wainwrights.
My health is shit but hopefully finish them this summer.
Good luck. That’s something I’d like to do. Bought a Durham Trig one not long back and want to start that soon when things are normal and spare time comes back.

Back