Taskmaster.

I‘ve watched all of them up to the last series. I thought it was brilliant, I hope i hasn’t changed since the move to C4

We've just watched the Bob Mortimer series after being recommended to in a previous post. Absolutely brilliant watch, that Nisj Kumar was so bad it was funny!
They have put a compilation of the 'individual' tasks. Watching Widdecombe and Watson get shat in still has me in stitches.

Thought the channel 4 series was shite. Disappointing because Vegas should have been comparable to Mortimer as an entertaining nut job but it never really happened.

Thought the new year special was comparatively good. Rylan surprisingly non-grating, Derry Girls one would have been decent over a series. Seemed funny and nutter in equal measure. Ballas was a pretentious cow, as was to be expected. Bin her off get someone decent in and run them for a series

Series 12 line up announced.

Alan Davies, Victoria Coren-Mitchell, Guz Khan, Desiree Burch and Morgana Robinson will be competing for the Taskmaster’s approval in series 12 of the Channel 4 Comedy
They’re not wasting any time there are they. Series 11 hasn’t even finished yet (or may have last night)
That’s a decent lineup. Like Victoria CM.
For me the tasks have been a bit shit the last while. Too many team tasks and “creative” ones and not enough that allow people to bend the rules. They’re always the funniest.

Dave seems to be showing old ones randomly. A few nights ago there was a champion of champions show and last night Sian Gibson looked genuinely ecstatic to have scored a goal before her pretendy celebration.

They’re not wasting any time there are they. Series 11 hasn’t even finished yet (or may have last night)
That’s a decent lineup. Like Victoria CM.
For me the tasks have been a bit shit the last while. Too many team tasks and “creative” ones and not enough that allow people to bend the rules. They’re always the funniest.
It sounded like the tasks were recorded before lockdown and then they've done the studio part way after.
Series are too long, gets a big boring after a few. Canny lineup for next one.
I can't get another of it. Loved the sand bunker bit yesterday.

The last series was poor, no audience and a weak line up, nothing to do with how famous they are they just didn't gel at all.

Been enjoying this series, hopefully it will survive till audiences can fully return as it has been consistently funny for years.

Back