Tall Ships....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder who got to Denmark first?
Helena was first there, Mir got to 3 miles away then turned around and headed in the wrong direction so not sure what that's all about. Also no idea how they work out whose winning as it's saying Mir is in 1st, even though it's not there yet. Some of them are still 180 NM away

Helena was first there, Mir got to 3 miles away then turned around and headed in the wrong direction so not sure what that's all about. Also no idea how they work out whose winning as it's saying Mir is in 1st, even though it's not there yet. Some of them are still 180 NM away

possibly responding to a distress call?

Are you trying to tell me my eyes deceived me like :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Burger van owners paying thousands to be plonked on the school field outside the old school where literally no one knew where they were?

I was talking to the lad who owned the coffee shop late on Thursday when we were down who was on that field and he was saying business had been very slow but had his hopes up for Friday and Saturday. Hope he did ok, he seemed a canny lad and looked absolutely down in the dumps. I was suprised how many of the places were shut at half 8 and the town moor was empty. Still think it was a great event for the city, but I don't think people were making the effort to get to that area being a bit off the beaten track.

Last edited:
I was talking to the lad who owned the coffee shop late on Thursday when we were down who was on that field and he was saying business had been very slow but had his hopes up for Friday and Saturday. Hope he did ok, he seemed a canny lad and looked absolutely down in the dumps. I was surprised how many of the places were shut at half 8 and the town moor was empty. Still think it was a great event for the city, but I don't think people were making the effort to get to that area being a bit off the beaten track.

Possibly in hindsight over ambitious that they could attract people up there. You would have specifically had to head there rather than just ambling across it. I'm sure there was just a great desire to make use of that space for the local community. But whatever was going on up there probably could have been handled at the docks.

No I’m saying you’re lying
:lol::lol::lol: Aye must be

possibly responding to a distress call?

I was talking to the lad who owned the coffee shop late on Thursday when we were down who was on that field and he was saying business had been very slow but had his hopes up for Friday and Saturday. Hope he did ok, he seemed a canny lad and looked absolutely down in the dumps. I was suprised how many of the places were shut at half 8 and the town moor was empty. Still think it was a great event for the city, but I don't think people were making the effort to get to that area being a bit off the beaten track.
This fella must be aswell is he?? @Boris Bear

Possibly in hindsight over ambitious that they could attract people up there. You would have specifically had to head there rather than just ambling across it. I'm sure there was just a great desire to make use of that space for the local community. But whatever was going on up there probably could have been handled at the docks.
There was a lot of stuff going on at Donnison School which is next to the Town Moor and that was all well attended but I agree that the majority could have been done on the docks. It's nitpicking though, in what was otherwise a fantastic event.
There's a great deal of people who now know that there is a Town Moor and Trafalgar Square which I assume was part of the plan. I'd never visited either before.

There was a lot of stuff going on at Donnison School which is next to the Town Moor and that was all well attended but I agree that the majority could have been done on the docks. It's nitpicking though, in what was otherwise a fantastic event.
There's a great deal of people who now know that there is a Town Moor and Trafalgar Square which I assume was part of the plan. I'd never visited either before.
Spot on.

The angels Place made a great effort and was enjoyed by loads of people who probably didn’t know it existed before
I knew it existed but was never quite sure where it was and it wasn't what I expected. I never went in but it looked smart from the outside.
They were happily posing for photos with tourists and their bikes although when someone suggested a lass got on the back of one of the bikes, a simple 'No' got the point across quite forcibly.:lol:

I didn't know of either, prior.

I wish I'd done and seen more of it but had a 5 year old in tow and it was quite warm.

Last edited:
I didn't know until I heard about it on here last week

Baby steps. Learn from the mistakes.

What that mean? First it's been mentioned thought it was ok mesel
I'm not sure about all of the bands. But there was a band/singers my daughter wanted to see but they were cancelled the day before. It was something to do with not having the licences or something (performers were under 16). Not sure if that had anything to do with Gentoo or why anything else was pulled mind.

I'm not sure about all of the bands. But there was a band/singers my daughter wanted to see but they were cancelled the day before. It was something to do with not having the licences or something (performers were under 16). Not sure if that had anything to do with Gentoo or why anything else was pulled mind.
There was a load of bands on mind. Stage near the Glass Centre and of course the Streets thing at Seaburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back