Tall Ships....

Had a pop down on Friday night, I thought it looked brilliant.

Loads of people milling around, different accents, the place looked great, everyone seemed to be having a good time.

I found the high wire thing a bit dull but that's just me. Fireworks at the end looked spectacular.

Well done to all involved.

just found out off the bairn that they picked up an Echo Journo for the final leg of the trip at Tynemouth on the way down from Blyth to dock on Wednesday. Now she tells me :lol: bloody 14 year olds.

Anyway, quick look at it and they pretty much videoed the lot from Tynemouth to Sunderland . I’m made up here like :cool: it’s only a pic of her in the article too :lol::lol::lol:

Amazing footage as ship sails youngsters from Tyne to Wear for Tall Ships in Sunderland

Brought my other half and her mam (no and no) down from Glasgow and they absolutely loved it. Very proud of my home city for the last few days. Spent a fortune mind!

Wonder if Sunderland hit the target for visitor's
To be honest i don’t think it matters.
The council put numbers for these events out there but its matter less, we need to be hosting this sort of event every year along with the air show.
Bringing money into the city from other areas will bring investment not just shuffling the numbers. Investors are clever people and can sniff out number shufflers and spin doctors unlike the public. So before the numbers come out WDSC.

Brought my other half and her mam (no and no) down from Glasgow and they absolutely loved it. Very proud of my home city for the last few days. Spent a fortune mind!
WDSC.

Cant find the original post but someone recommended an app to download to follow the ships in the actual race for anyone whose interested.

It's called YB races and it's free on Android . I'm a bit sad and have been following it this afternoon

I thought the whole thing was very successful, much better than the Air show weekend which seems to be a huge scratters magnet.
The only minor grip I had was the fireworks. I thought Friday and Saturday would of been an ideal time for them and not during the world cup semi final.

Back