Tall Ships....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I came down on the bike today and, although it's really busy, the ships are a huge miss. I realise you have to take your turn for these things but I hope the council push really hard next time the opportunity comes around.

I came down on the bike today and, although it's really busy, the ships are a huge miss. I realise you have to take your turn for these things but I hope the council push really hard next time the opportunity comes around.
Similar to the Xmas tree coming down.

Don’t worry mate I have mental issues from the forces. :rolleyes:
What’s your excuse? :lol:

Were you in the forces? Don't think you've mentioned it before. Playing the victim now after being an arse is par the course for you.

Fuck me wow, summat in Sunderland has been world class. Wished they were around for a few days longer. Loved the crew parade and all the young 'uns enjoying themselves, and the tightrope walkers. Glad I took the week off work to see it all. Been a great few weeks for the city.

Last edited:
Were you in the forces? Don't think you've mentioned it before. Playing the victim now after being an arse is par the course for you.

Fuck me wow, summat in Sunderland has been world class. Wished they were around for a few days longer. Loved the crew parade and all the young 'uns enjoying themselves, and the tightrope walkers. Glad I took the week off work to see it all. Been a great few weeks for the city.
So ya saying the forces are crap? Look I know your not saying that but in the same way I took your negative comment and made it seem like your a **** is basically what happened last night. It was quiet at times for whatever reasons and it was disjointed but I enjoyed it. Not only did I get accused of having mental health problems I got accused of not attending the tall ships. If you follow my posts that much you will see I fish a lot and use the river and sea front more than most people who live there.
I was in the forces and proud of my service and I could not give a flying fuck about mentioning it all the time in the same way as other posters mention what they do for a living which watch they wear what they drive and where they holiday and have been in the past. Even to the extent where taking a week off work makes their attendance at the tall ships more important than anyone else’s.
It’s been a terrible year for Sunderland mate. Team relegated, vaux buildings on hold, investors in the city centre pulling out the new bridge delays the pier closed for most of the year after the old pier collapses and the vile rapes in and around the city centre followed by the blantant racism caused by said rapes. These are all facts mate not some made up bullshit. These things happened as it happens most places.
I enjoyed the tall ships end of.

I haven't read this whole thread but any idea what any of the Tall Ship's Crews thought of our fair city (maybe Twitter posts or whatever)?

What an absolutely tremendous weekend in the fine City of Sunderland. St Peters Friday night and really enjoyed that though the bar queues were a little long. Should have brought booze. Across to the docks Saturday morning and there was a little disappointment as a singer the bairn wanted to see couldn't play. Something to do with licence due to being under 16 not being sorted in time. Then over to Summer Streets and really thought that was a brilliant afternoon out. Sunshine, friends, family and great entertainment with the ships making a beautiful backdrop.
So, so lucky to live on the coast.

I love it me.

Been tremendous. Took the bairn down on Friday night, thinking I'd be there and hour dragging a bored four year old around but he loved it. He got handed an event guide, spotted the picture of the tightrope walker and that was it, he wanted to be out for the duration.

Never known him walk as far as he has done Friday, Sunniside down to the docks and back again, then again Saturday, St Peter's, along the river to Roker and along to Seaburn. Topper weather, plenty going on and everyone with a smile on their face. Loved having time with the bairn wandering about places we haven't seen a lot of together, and although I can just about remember seeing ships on the river he's never seen owt like it.

I haven't read this whole thread but any idea what any of the Tall Ship's Crews thought of our fair city (maybe Twitter posts or whatever)?

The missus (nor) got a great video of one of the smaller ships coming past the yacht club singing we love you sunderland we do, we love you sunderland we
Do oh sunderland we love you. Proper made me chuffed when she sent me it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back